Scott Shout Outs
*A HUGE thank you to Braedon Atha and his family! They brought in cookies, veggie tray, and lemon bread for the staff!
*Big Holler to Ernst Perez and family - the cupcakes were delicious!
*Thank you to the Stringers for the Tiff's Treats!
*A BIG shout out to everyone who joined us for Muffins with Moms and Donuts with Dads!
*We appreciate everyone coming to Open House!
*A Big thank you for supporting our Book Fair!
*Go and "like" our new Scott Facebook page and stay tuned for school updates! :) Search for Janice Stahly Scott Elementary School!
2016-2017 PTA Board Nominations
The Scott PTA nominating committee submits the following nominees for the year 2016-2017:
President: Karla Naftel
1st VP Programs: Abbie Rich
2nd VP Membership: Lesley Hobby
3rd VP Fundraising: Allyson McGee
Secretary: Heather Stringer
Treasurer: LeeAnn Watkins
- The State of Texas only allows 10 unexcused absences. If you go over this, you face possible court charges and a court appearance with your child.
What is considered an unexcused absence?
- Any full-day absence without a note from you or the doctor. You can send in an actual note, fax the note, or email the note. Phone calls only are not excused.
- All tardies are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- All early dismissals are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- If your child is absent more than 3 concurrent days, you must have a doctor's note to excuse the absences.
How many days do you have to turn in the note?
- We must have the note within 3 school days of the absence.
What happens if my child receives multiple unexcused absences?
- When your child receives 3 unexcused absences/tardies/leave earlies, you will receive a courtesy notification from your child's teacher.
- At 7, you will receive a phone call and/or email call from the Assistant Principal and your child will be placed on an FISD Attendance Contract.
- At 11 unexcused absence/tardies/leave earlies, the attendance information is turned over to the State and our Truancy Officer takes over handling your attendance case.
Please send in your notes so you can avoid this difficult situation. There is a link on our Scott Website to email your note directly to our attendance clerk, Suzanne Edwards.
CALLING ALL WATCH D.O.G.S.!!
The WATCH D.O.G.S. calendar has been updated with time slots for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. For info or to get on the schedule, go to www.scottpta.com/watchdogs. Watch D.O.G.S. shirts are available for purchase in the front office. The kids love you here, and it makes our school a safe and special place to be!
| || |
Don't forget your photo ID
Whenever you are on campus or signing your student out, please remember to have your driver's license. We may know you but not the person behind you, so we always ask for everyone's ID. Thank you for understanding.
SCOTT PTA UPDATES
Feelin' Groovy Book Fair
Still open ONLINE through May 14. You can buy here: https://scottpta.membershiptoolkit.com/assets/00224/online
PTA Teacher Luncheon
Help make the last teacher luncheon great! The PTA dish sign up sheet is available. Drop off your dish by the morning of Friday, May 13. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c45aaaa2calf85-mayluncheon.
Wanted: Box Tops and Labels for Education
We're far from the end of the month, don't forget to bring in those Box Tops and Labels. Learn more and see which products qualify: Scott Box Tops and Labels
We Need You!
Looking for ways to get more involved? There's a slot for everyone and every busy schedule. Scott PTA Volunteers
Link your Kroger and Target Card to Scott
Yes...it's free and it supports our school and students. Find out how to do this.
Stay Connected to Scott
Order Birthday Spirit Sticks for $1.00
Updates and Reminders
- Please DO NOT drop off your children in the middle of Millbend Drive. The only drop-off allowed in the mornings is around the back of the school in the FIRST carpool lane. We have had numerous parents allowing their children to hop out of the car on Millbend and run across the street. This is extremely dangerous and cannot happen; your children's safety is our #1 concern.
- The speed limit for carpool lanes is 10 miles per hour.
Parking on Campus: Please do not park in the fire lanes at any time including lunch or Celebrate Scott.
Texting/Calls: It is against the law to use a phone in an active school zone. Please refrain from texting in/around the school.
Bikes on Campus: Students must walk their bikes/scooters on school grounds. We have had some near misses with student safety because of bike riders nearly running into other students or failing to stop at the crosswalk. Again, your child's safety is always our #1 concern.
Birthday Parties/Class Parties: Per Frisco ISD, elementary students may only bring items for distribution to classmates on the three party days: Winter Party, Valentine’s Day and end of year celebration. In addition, students issuing invitations to individual birthday parties or other celebrations may only do so at school if all students in the homeroom class are invited. These birthday invitations must be passed out at the end of the day with permission from the teacher.