University of New Mexico
New Mexico's Flagship University, Go Lobos!
Basic School Information:
- Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Students: 6,205 Graduate, 20,859 Undergraduate
- Moderately difficult admission, approximately 85% of applicants accepted
- Tuition: $6,447 in-state, $20,644 out-of-state
- Public school in an urban location
Albuquerque has a number of fun activities to do in off-time. Some of these include:
- ABQ Biopark Aquarium and Botanic Garden
- ABQ Biological Park
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- Sandia Park Tramway
- Petroglyph National Monument
- Explora (Museum with over 250 hands-on exhibits)
- National Museum of Nuclear Science
- Summer: Averages lows of 62 and highs of 90 degrees fahrenheit.
- Autumn: Averages lows of 34 and highs of 81 degrees farenheit.
- Winter: Averages lows of 26 and highs of 53 degrees farenheit.
- Spring: Averages lows of 36 and highs of 79 degrees farenheit.
- Northern, upper region of the Chihuahuan Desert.
- Albuquerque Basin, part of the Rio Grande Rift
- High Elevation -- one of the highest (of major cities) in the country
- Rio Grande River, classified as "exotic"
- Sandia Mountains (Named after the Spanish word for "watermelon" for their colors)
Paying for College
I have several means of paying for my college education:
- Part-time job
- Help from Family
- Student Loans
- Apply for scholarship(s)
Acheiving Post High School Goals
My goals for finishing my high school career include:
- GPA of 3.25
- Graduating no more than one semester past my planned graduation year
- Saving up money doing part-time work while still in high school
- Owning my own car to make transportation easier