Bethany Bunch eNews
March 15, 2017
Word of the Week: doze
International Night at Bethany is March 17th! 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
International Night is a fabulous event during which the children experience various cultures around the world – many of them are represented by our own Bethany families. Each country's traditions, songs, dance, dress, food and facts will be on display. The musical program is directed by Mrs. B and stars some of our children, of course . Additional activities include student performances, booths for countries, a parade of nations and delicious food.
We are seeking help from all parents in all ways that you can contribute. Some ways that you can lend a helping hand may include:
1. Costumes – Do your children have a costume from their native country that they could wear to International Night? We would love to have everyone come in any traditional wear they have and we like to include as many children in our parade of nations.
2. Performance – Would your child like to perform a song or dance that represents their home country? We will have 5 minute slots available for each child. If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Display Board – Would you like to represent your country with a display board? We will have tables available for poster Board, artifacts, information materials, etc. If you would like to participate, please email me at email@example.com.
4. Wonderful World Wall – Have you been to an amazing state park? An international conservation park? We want to see your photos of time spent in these places as we create a picture map of the world. Please send in 3x5 pictures of natural spaces your family has enjoyed. Please print the name of the student and his/her grade level on the back of the card. The drop-off envelope is in the library.
5. Food – We are looking for donations of store-bought items that we can serve through the event. Anything from sweet treats, to small Hors d'oeuvre, to ethic delicacies. Items can be dropped anytime during the day on Friday at the front office. NOTE: All food items MUST be store- bought for us to serve them. We cannot serve any home-made items.
6. Setup/Cleanup – I am always grateful for help setting up and cleaning up. We will have setup at 5:00pm and cleanup will be at 8:00pm sharp. I am also looking for help with coordinating the performances and the parade of nations.
I look forward to working with you to ensure that International Night 2017 is a wonderful experience for all Bethany students, staff and families. Please reach out directly for any questions regarding any of the above activities and how you can provide your assistance and expertise.
Thanks again for all that you do to support our teachers and children and Bethany Elementary!
PTA Cultural Inclusion Chair
Thank You for a Successful Happy Camper Book Fair!
Thank you to all the amazing volunteers who helped organize, decorate, assist with sales, set-up, and take-down our Happy Camper Book Fair!
It was great to see so many of you before/after the 3rd grade program, during Open House, during lunch, and before/after school!
Thank you for helping us create excitement about reading,
Kim Murff, Librarian/ Book Fair Chairperson
Bryan Bird, Principal
STAAR Testing Dates & Reminders
STAAR Testing Dates:
- Tuesday, March 28: 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Math
- Wednesday, March 29: 5th Grade Reading
- The building will be closed to general volunteers on testing dates.
- Please do NOT schedule appointments during the school day on days your child is scheduled to participate in STAAR.
- There will be no tutoring, office hours, or after-school clubs on actual testing dates.
- Due to testing security requirements from the state, parents/visitors are asked to not have lunch with students during their lunch times on testing days.
We are blessed to work with INCREDIBLE kids and we know they will do their personal best on the STAAR test!
Plano ISD Sport Stacking Tournament
Plano Senior High School
Thursday, March 23, 2017
The Sport Stacking tournament is a fun, FREE event for all Plano ISD students, Kindergarten – 12th grade. Registration for this event is required by March 20th. There is a registration form attached in this eNews email or you can register online: http://tinyurl.com/gve3egp