4th Grade News
Mrs. Crain: November 16 - 20, 2015
Upcoming Dates and Events
- Thursday, Nov. 19: Dodging for Diabetes (after school)
- Wednesday - Friday, Nov. 25 - 27: Thanksgiving Holiday
- Thursday, Dec. 3: 2nd Quarter Progress Reports
- Friday, Dec. 4: Chorus & Jazzy Jumpers performance at 4 Seasons Town Center
Since we are having so many absences, it is even more important for your child to request his or her make-up assignments upon returning to school. I try to leave any worksheets on the child's desk, but with 3-4 absences daily, plus numerous tardies and early dismissals, it is a lot to keep up with! Ultimately, your child is responsible for making up any missed work. I post missing work lists on a weekly basis, and encourage students to check these lists, record missing work in their agendas, and make arrangements with me to complete the work.
If an absence is planned or I know in advance, I can prepare work for your child to take home. Depending on the number of days absent, I can arrange for any missed tests to be taken early. For example, if your child will be absent on Tuesday, November 24 he or she can take Tuesday's math test on Monday.
Don't forget C.U.B.E.S.!
Students will have spelling words (with a test on Friday) and a reading response this week. Please don't forget to sign your child's reading response - it is worth ten points!
We will receive information regarding our 2nd quarter Social Studies project - "My Family Heritage" which will be due before Christmas. Look for this information to come home by Wednesday!
Yoga Balls Instead of Chairs?
**Click on the title to read the article.**
About 75% of the class has earned 100 Dojo points, and have switched their chairs for stability balls. In order to keep their yoga ball, students must agree to the following:
- Your bottom must stay on the ball if you choose to "bounce".
- No feet, knees, pencils, pens or scissors on yoga balls.
- Do not dribble your yoga ball.
- Do not throw or kick your yoga ball.
- Stay off of yoga balls not belonging to you.
- You must put your yoga ball on top of your desk when you leave.