Blended Learning in the Classroom
Winter 2015 Cohort: Registration is NOW OPEN!!
Macomb Teachers: Blended Learning in the Classroom Registration is NOW OPEN!
Are you looking to increase student engagement in your classroom? Do you want to effectively blend within your classroom to incorporate online elements? This free Blended Learning in the Classroom course is for all types of educators - administrators, and teachers of all subjects and all levels! Participate in this FREE 16 week opportunity to begin transforming your classroom.
- *OPTIONAL: 62 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH's) for a minimal fee of just $10.00!
As a participant, you will engage with a learning cohort in a blended course and begin developing your own blended learning environment to implement with your students.
- Experience active and timely praxis
- Learn with a small cohort of fellow educators
- Engage in learning, application, review, and revision
- Develop blended lessons in your existing classroom
- Submit artifacts to your cohort for sharing and improving
See What Educators Are Saying About This TRANSFORMATIONAL PD!
-The ability to motivate and engage students in a lesson is often times a difficult task. Through this course I have learned many strategies and tools to enhance the learning process.
- At first, I thought that blended learning was a nice change of pace from the traditional classroom environment. Now I see it as an integrated part of my class.
- I learned far more than I had expected.
- My personal growth in the area of blended learning has increased leaps and bounds.
- This course has taught me so much. I am aware of the iNACOL standards now and of my strengths, weaknesses and the standards to which I need to uphold my blended teaching...I believe in my students - I know they CAN and WANT to learn online and I'm excited at what the future brings for my class and me.
- I really accomplished something in the past 15 weeks. I feel that I have grown as an educator.
Register Soon: Slots Fill Quickly!
The course will begin January 12, 2015 and run through the last week of April, 2015. Note that this class is a 16 week time commitment with approximately 4-6 hours per week of time required by participants.
Macomb ISD instructors available for this term will be:
Jan Harding, Instructional Technology Consultant, MISD
Jennifer Johnson, TRIG Regional Coordinator
One of the requirements for participants in the BLiC learning opportunity is ALL participants must attend one (1) face-to-face session; however, the course will begin BEFORE the face-to-face session. When registering, select ONE face-to-face session opportunity:
Tuesday, January 27, 2015: 4:30-7:00 PM
Thursday, January 29, 2015: 4:30-7:00 PM