Divine Providence School
January 21, 2021 Home and School Connection
NEXT WEEK - JANURY 28 - EARLY DISMISSAL 1:00 PM - NO LUNCH, PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENT BRING A SNACK
UPDATED Clarification on Quarantine Requirements
Dear Catholic School Families,
We are doing our best to remain on top of changes in the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, we wish to apprise you of a further change in our guidelines for quarantines. This represents a revision from the Quarantine Guidelines distributed last week.
In discussion with the Office of Catholic Schools and our consulting medical experts, we have decided that a quarantine of 7 days with a negative test result following domestic travel is not best for our school settings. A 7-day quarantine is only effective in instances of complete avoidance of social gatherings and because in-person instruction within a classroom is essentially a form of social gathering – even with physical distancing observed – that would nullify the integrity of 7-day quarantine. Rather, observance of 10 days in all instances of domestic travel provides the greatest level of safety for all students and staff. Therefore, please note the following with changes bolded for your reference:
QUARANTINE CLARIFICATIONS – Jan. 20, 2021
- A quarantine of 10 days is required for any/all domestic travel (i.e. travel outside of the state of Illinois)
- Quarantine is required regardless of whether or not there is a negative test result, and no matter how much time is spent in another state.
- Quarantine starts the day after return home.
- International travel quarantine remains 14 days.
- Close exposure quarantines remain 14-days at the recommendation of all departments of public health in those jurisdictions in which the Archdiocese operates and our own medical advisors.
We understand that this change may pose a challenge for some. Please know that we are in continuous contact with the departments of public health and our team of medical experts to assess our standards and adjusting, as necessary, to keep the safety of all in our school communities our first and unwavering priority. And in our focus on safety, we are also making every effort to keep you informed.
As the departments of public health adopt any new guidance, which we anticipate over the coming months, we will communicate with you immediately.
Thank you for your patience and commitment to the safety protocols that continue to make this school year a success under such extraordinary circumstances.
Archdiocesan COVID-19 Task Force
Thank you School Advisory Board and Donors!
8th Grade Graduation Picture Day - February 4, 2021
- Pictures will begin by 8:30 a.m.
- Dress clothes are to be worn to school on this day. Caps and gowns must be brought to school.
- There will be 2 sets of poses: one will be student wearing dress clothes and the other will be in cap and gown. Students are to arrive at school in their dress clothes. There will be full length pictures so please make sure students are dressed up from head to toe. Although not required, boys generally wear suits. Dress shirts and ties are a must. Girls should not wear anything backless or strapless, and dresses should be of an appropriate length. Turtleneck sweaters or high neck dresses are to be avoided because the gown has a collar. Dressy slacks are permitted. All students should avoid wearing shades of green as you will be photographed against a green screen.
- Caps and gowns are being sent home with your child on Friday, January 22nd.
- Please make sure you inspect your child’s gown well in advance of picture day. It may need to be steamed. Do not iron. Send the cap and gown to school with your child on or before picture day.
- Optional: Gym clothes or future career outfits can be brought to school for later.
- There will be a schedule so that no more than 2 individuals at a designated time will be in the room. If students choose to bring a change of clothes for gym or for their future career choice they may change clothing immediately following their photo time.
- Virtual learning students have been scheduled in alphabetical order beginning at 10:30. Families have been notified of the schedule.
- There is no pre-ordering at this time. Proofs will be sent to the school and home with your child at which time parents can order portrait packages.
Borrowed Chrome books
Details on what a tax credit scholarship is. See if you qualify or if you are looking to donate
Catholic Schools Week January 31 - February 6
IMPORTANT - If anyone in your household tests for COVID-19
The reality is that children may be positive with the slightest of symptoms. Always keep our school in your communication.
From Dr. Jim Rigg, Superintendent, Office of Catholic Schools
January 21 - Noah in grade 2
January 22 - Mariana in Kindergarten
January 23 - Maggie in grade 2
January 24 - Leo in preschool
January 26 - Carlton grade Junior Kindergarten
January 26 - Katherine in grade 7
Half Birthdays! (These birthdays will take place when we release for the school year in June!)
July 21 - Isaiah in grade 6
July 21 - Andrew in Kindergarten
July 22 - Gianna in preschool
July 24 - Lucy in grade 6
July 25 - Anthony in Kindergarten
Click here to see the list of states requiring quarantine
The Office of Catholic Schools’ Infection Protocol Guide details the steps required of school administrators
2021 Early dismissal dates:
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
All winter Sports have been canceled/ spring is pending
January 31- February 6 CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK
February 4 - Graduation Photos
February 9 - Late start 9 AM
February 15 - NO SCHOOL President's Day
February 26 - Last day fo 2nd trimester
March 9 - Late start 9 AM
March 10 - Optional Spring picture day
March 10 - 8th Grade Graduation RETAKE day
March 19 - NO SCHOOL Faculty in-service
April 2 - NO SCHOOL Good Friday
April 4 - Easter Sunday
April 5 - 9 - Easter Break NO SCHOOL
Divine Providence Staff 2020-2021
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2020-2021