Cassidy Crew Connections
Updates, questions, schedule and more!
8:55 - 9:15 Morning Work & Pledge (Bell Ringer, Daily Dazzle)
9:15 - 10:15 Language Arts
10:15-10:30 Snack/Movement break (No Masks)
10:30-12:00 Math Groups
12:00-12:30 Lunch (No Masks)
12:30 - 1:15 Recess (No Masks)
1:15 - 2:00 Reading
2:00-2:45 Science/Social Studies/Technology/Art Block
2:45-3:15 Study Hall/Movement (No Masks)
Scholastic Book Orders Online!
NEW! During the COVID-19 crisis, you can choose to have your child’s online book order shipped right to your door or delivered to me with our class order. All orders earn FREE Books for our class—thank you for your support!
- Class Order Due Date: 10/30/2020
- Connect to Our Class Page: https://orders.scholastic.com/V48JC
- Shop the flyers for your child's grade together: https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=670610
Please feel free to forward the Class Page link to extended family and friends who may want to support your child’s reading.
Class Code: V48JC
WEBSITES AND LINKS:
- Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Midnight-Sun-Family-Learning-Center-est1997-305006693382399/
- School Website link: https://www.matsuk12.us/mnc
- Cassidy Crew Webpage: https://www.matsuk12.us/cassidycrew
- Scholastic Orders: https://orders.scholastic.com/V48JC
- Middle School Flyers: https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=670610
Please make sure your child charges their computer and brings it to school every day.
Mask wearing: I am proud to report that every student has been doing a great job in wearing their mask throughout the school day. Thank you so much!
Remind App: Please sign up for our remind app if you haven't already! The classroom code for the Remind app is @cassidy121
The Remind App is the best way to get a hold of me. You may also call the classroom (357-3733) and leave a message. My office hours are 8:30 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday.
DROP OFF TIME CHANGE: Doors now open at 8:40 am. Please do not drop your student off without seeing a staff member outside with the door open.
Classwork: Classwork is found in the Google Classroom, Spelling City for spelling and vocabulary, and APEX for English and Math. Social Studies and Science are available in APEX for at home learners. Note: Next quarter we are going to decrease our use of APEX to once per week, and focus on more direct instruction with traditional materials (books!!). This may increase red boxes and lowering the grade on APEX. Don't worry - I am taking grades on the work we are doing in class and that will not affect your child's grade at all. Thank you for understanding!
SUBWAY FRIDAYS: Be on the lookout for the paper coming home. It must be turned in with cash or check by Thursday to participate.
IF YOUR CHILD IS SICK:
Please keep them at home! They must be symptom free for 24 hours before they can return to school. If they exhibit signs that could be Covid-19 (cough, fever, etc) they must also have a negative Covid test. Capstone and Mat-Su Regional Urgent Care are providing rapid Covid tests.
Students can (and should) access their schoolwork online through our Google Classroom, APEX and Spelling City when it is necessary for them to be at home. We work on this every day in the classroom and all students are very experienced in navigating these platforms.
- Science - Body! We are learning about the amazing human body in science. We have made a model of the finger, the eye and a fun cranium and mandible so far.
- Tissue Paper Fall Trees Art project
- U.S. Government - Mayflower Compact and the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut
- October 12: Basketball starts (5th-8th Grades on Monday and Wednesday 3:30 - 4:30)
- October 14: Early Release at 2:30 pm and End of Quarter 1
- Week of October 26th - 30th: Spirit Week (Tentatively)
- October 30: Costumes in the Classroom - Kids dress up in their costumes (nothing extra scary and no weapons)
2018 Master of Education Technology, Walden University
2019-present Pursuing doctoral degree in Education Technology, Walden University