NATHAN ADAMS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
WELCOME TO WEEK 29
OUR VISION & MISSION
Our vision is to create an exceptional learning environment that produces remarkable students who are prepared to be successful and equipped to compete in a global society.
Our mission is to prepare all students to achieve the highest standard of intellectual, physical, and social growth.
Message From Principal Renaud
As we move into testing season I do want you all to know how proud I am of the dedication, heart and soul the teachers have put into their instruction. I can assure you that I have faith that you all have fully prepared the students to be successful not only on state assessments but also for any situation. Students are ready to show what they know!
Have a blessed Easter Day!
Armadillos Enjoying Easter Egg Hunting!
Important Testing Information
Recess, Restroom and Lunch for March 29th and 30th
· Grades 3-5 will be either taking a STAAR test or Mock STAAR test.
· During recess, children need to STAY on the wood chip area. If they are outside of the black plastic border, they are in the wrong place. (Do not let students play on the bars nearest the portables with the “seesaw”, overhead ladder, and orange “spider”. When entering back into the building from recess there should not be any talking from students.
· Restrooms- teachers need to take the entire class to the restroom and MONITOR the class. There should be no loud noises from children in the restrooms. DO NOT send a few students at a time to the restroom.
· Lunch- remind students as they are taken to lunch that they will be asked to have a quiet lunch for March 29th and 30th. Students will not be allowed to leave the cafeteria to use the restroom during lunch.
· Music-there needs to be no recorders, ukulele played, or use of the microphones.
· Gym – no music played, or microphone used.
Tips for Parents to help students be successful with STAAR testing
1. What they should expect. Talk to your kids about what to expect and how the STAAR test is not that different from regular tests and exams. Sometimes just reminding them that they already have the skills and a record of success can build their confidence.
2. Sample tests. If they are feeling stressed, you can see example of the types of questions and problems kids can expect at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/staar/.
3. Get plenty of sleep. A tired child cannot stay focused for the duration of a STAAR exam. The recommendation is to have them in bed no later than 8:30 pm.
4. Avoid sugar for breakfast. Minimize carbohydrates and make sure your child has minimal sugar intake to help keep their energy stable for a longer period of time.
5. Support and praise them. It may sound simple, but just tell them you are proud of them and know they will do a great job. Knowing you are rooting for them can help boost confidence.
6. Surprise them with a special note. Put a note in their backpack to just say hi and you hope they are having a great day. Nothing fancy, just a sticky note saying “I love you” will lift tired spirit.
7. Celebrate when the testing is complete and again when you get the scores. Acknowledge your child for their effort and their success. It might help to tell them that you will go out for ice cream or for a movie or a walk in the park at the end of the week. The key here is to keep their spirits up throughout the week!
- See more at: http://northtexaskids.com/ntkblog/index.php/10-tips-for-a-successful-staar-testing-week/#sthash.eaJlI21Y.dpuf
Additional STAAR Test Information
Come Join Us for the Chess for Humanity Interscholastic Chess Championship!
Join Us for the 2nd Footy Factory Skills Clinic!
· PreKinder registration 8:30 – 2:30
· PreKinder Orientation 9:00 in the auditorium
6th Annual WT White Community Street Fair!
Saturday, April 2nd, 12pm
4505 Ridgeside Drive
Welcome to the 6th Annual WT White Community Street Fair! The Street Fair brings together the families and businesses residing within the WT White High School boundaries for food, fun, games and fantastic shopping opportunities.
Attendance is free; booth registration incurs a small fee. Booth Vendors will have 3 hours before the event start time to setup. Booth registration ends on Monday, March 28, 2016 at midnight. Every effort will be made to limit the number of similar booth types. All vendors are required to provide one item to the WT White PTSA Raffle drawings - all raffle proceeds will benefit the WT White PTSA Scholarship Fund.
We look forward to seeing you then!
For more information please email us at: StreetFair@WTWCommunity.org
This Week @ Nathan Adams
Enter 2 grades per week
Submit lesson plans by 8pm
Monday March 28th
Student Council Meeting 3:15-4:15
Pep rally for 4th & 5th Graders during Specials
Tuesday March 29th
STAAR - 4th Grade Writing; 5th Grade Math
(for tutoring information please see Ms. Singer)
Wednesday March 30th
STAAR - 5th Grade Reading
Grade Level Leadership Team Meeting
Thursday March 31st
Kinder Fieldtrip from 9:00-2:00 pm
(for tutoring information please see Ms. Singer)
Friday April 1st
Footy Factory Skills Clinic
Spring Staff Budget Meeting
Saturday April 2nd
Chess for Humanity Tournament
WT White Street Fair
N. Adams Craft Fair