Stay Cyber Secure!
Increase your internet safey IQ
Not everyone on the web is your friend.
Computers are very convenient and help us in many ways. However, there are some bad people out there who enjoy trying to break into other peoples' computers. A common way they do this is by sending "viruses" across the internet that cause your computer to not work right, or break down. Viruses can also steal information from you by learning your passwords and seeing your private files. By using your passwords, thieves can log into your facebook, email, ebay and other on-line accounts and pretend to be you.
How to protect yourself and your computer---
- Do not tell anyone your passwords.
- Do not give out personal information on-line.
- Log off the computer when not using it.
- Do not open or download any file from someone you do not know.
- Tell your teacher or parent if something unusual pops up on your screen.
- Ask your teacher or parent before downloading any new software.
- Ask your teacher or parent before going to any website you are unsure of.
- Do not turn off the firewall or antivirus program.
More Cyber-Smart Tips
Play the Cyber Safety Game!
Protect your on-line Rep!