March 21, 2016
Events and Announcements
G.I. Theta Chi Philanthropy Week
- Monday, March 21-Friday, March 25: "Penny Wars" will take place outside of Bradley Hall from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 21: From 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., stop by Subway in CampusTown. An evening filled with food, friends, and fundraising!
- Wednesday, March 23: "Chili Cook-Off" at the Theta Chi House at 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 24: "Hot Dog Delivery Service" from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 25: "G.I. Jane Pageant" from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Olin Hall 168.
- All proceeds go towards the United Service Organization.
- Chapter Presidents, Philanthropy Chairs, and Pageant Participants: stay tuned for more information!
Veteran Supply Drive
- All of these wonderful organizations are partnering with The Salvation Army to collect items Veterans may need when moving into a new home. Items will be collected to put together 'Welcome Home Baskets' for Veterans transitioning back to the Central Illinois area. All supplies will be donated to The Salvation Army and the Veterans they work with.
- A list of items include, but are not limited to: toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, laundry soap, dish soap, razors, bar soap/body wash, shampoo, socks, underwear, laundry baskets, paper towels, garbage bags, toilet brushes/plungers, shaving cream, and bedding (blankets/sheets/pillows).
- Donations can be dropped off to the Lewis J. Burger Center in Sisson 141 or you can contact Jessica Chandler for an on-campus pick-up. The drive runs March 1st-31st.
- Questions? Contact Jessica Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org or x3682.
Pi Beta Phi Arrow Week
- Monday, March 21: "Pie a Pi Phi" from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the Olin Quad.
Cost is $1.
- Tuesday, March 22: "Bake Sale for Books" from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Student Center and Library lobby. Each Pi Beta Phi pledge class will bake their own goods and sell them in order to raise the most amount of money for their pledge class.
- Wednesday, March 23: "Noodles for Knowledge" from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Pi Beta Phi house. We will be selling tickets to our dinner sponsored by multiple different restaurants, centered around serving noodles. Tickets are $5.
- All proceeds go towards our philanthropy: Read, Lead, Achieve. This philanthropy gives children the opportunity to take home a new book and stresses the importance of literacy.
Fraternity Recruitment Rho Chi Applications
- HERE is the link to apply to be a Rho Chi for Fall 2016 Fraternity Recruitment.
- At least 2 members from each chapter are required to apply.
- The applications are due by Tuesday, March 29 at 11:59p.m.
- Any questions? Contact James O'Hara at email@example.com
Greek Week 2016 Schedule
- HERE is a link to the 2016 Greek Week Schedule!
PIKE Represents: St. Baldrick's
- On Friday, April 8 from 11:30am-4:00pm on the Olin Quad, to watch volunteers shave their heads for Childhood Cancer Awareness.
- Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, will give brief remarks before the event. We will also be selling burgers, dogs, chips and drinks during the event. All proceeds as well as donations will benefit the St. Baldrick's foundation.
- You can sign up or donate ahead of time at our website: https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/bradleyuniversity2016.
- Thank you for your support and we hope to see you there!
Service on Saturday
- Registration is now open for Service on Saturday on April 16 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Meet in the Markin Performance Court. Breakfast and lunch is provided.
- HERE is the link to register. Questions? Contact Jessica Chandler.
Student Organization Recognition Awards 2016
- As some of you know, at the end of the semester we recognize and honor various student groups, leaders, and advisors based on their performance and representation during the 2015-2016 school year. The awards honor different aspects and qualities that an organization and/or club sport should embody. Along with being recognized for your accomplishments, winners will also receive professional development stipends ranging from $100-$1000.
- Be sure to fill out an Awards Scholarship Application to nominate an organization, advisor, or individual within an organization for their above and beyond participation this year. Winners will be announced at the Student Leader and Organization Recognition Reception on Monday, May 2, 2016. Please turn in completed applications to the Student Activities Office (Student Center 28) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 11 at 5pm.
Leadership Studies Minor
The Bradley University Leadership Studies minor is designed to provide students the information, experience and opportunities necessary for them to gain an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership. The Leadership Studies Minor (LSM) offers quality, practical, and challenging coursework for students wishing to enhance their leadership potential and development. This 18 credit program consists of 9 credits of core classes, (EHC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies – 3 credits, EHC 300 Advanced Leadership – 3 credits, and EHC 486 Leadership Practicum), six credits in elective courses, and three credits in various topics in leadership (social justice, women in leadership, coaching & mentoring, pop culture, and many others).
A minor in Leadership Studies at Bradley University is an excellent addition to any student’s major. The addition of a minor allows students to learn how various leaders respond to the challenges and complexities of managing projects and individuals.
For questions, or to learn more, contact Jessica Chandler at email@example.com.
Student Scholarship EXPO Presentation Practice
Office of Sponsored Programs and the Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Wednesday, April 13 from 5pm-7pm in the Renaissance Coliseum, pre-registration not necessary.
- This year for the Student Scholarship EXPO we will be offering a practice presentation session the night before the actual event. Volunteers will come and listen to a five to seven minute presentation so that the student presenters can practice presenting to a team before they must present to the judge teams. Pizza and refreshments will be provided for all who volunteer.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IFC, PanHell, and NPHC Council Survey
- HERE is the link to the survey to be completed. Let us know how we are doing as your Greek Life councils. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Schwartz.
- The IFC and PHC chapters will an 80% or more response rate will receive a prize.
EGLR Post-Evaluation Survey
- HERE is the link to the EGLR post-evaluation survey. If you attended, we want to hear what you liked and what we could improve on.
- Questions? Contact Kelsey Coates or Rob Harris.
Feeding America Food Drive
- Monday, March 21 and Wednesday-Friday, March 23-25 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Student Center
- It's our National Volunteer Week and we want you to help us collect canned food for the Peoria Area Food Bank. Keep an eye out for bins throughout the residence halls and Greek houses as well!
Diversity Leadership Conference
- Saturday, April 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Westlake Hall 116
Learn more about yourself: Reflect on your own personal identities and privileges
Develop and practice skills: Practice skills to help understand and promote inclusion
Improve your knowledge: Discuss new trends, terminology, and social issues
Network with peers: Build relationships with others from different backgrounds
Discuss social issues: Participate in dialogue with peers around diversity issues
Relay for Life
- Saturday, April 2 from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Founder's Circle
- Sign-up to create a team! If you raise $100 towards the American Cancer Society, you will receive a free t-shirt.
G-Phi Crescent Week
- Tuesday, April 5 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on the Olin Quad: "Gamma Phi Beta Grill Off". Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting our annual Grill Off! Tickets can be purchased from a GPhi or at the event. It includes a burger, chips, and a drink. Fraternities will compete to make the best burger. Whichever sells the most will receive money towards their philanthropy!
- Wednesday, April 6 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings in East Peoria: "GPhi Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over". Gamma Phi Beta is sponsoring a Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over. Go to the East Peoria BWW and present the flyer for dine in or take out! 15% of the sales will be donated to our philanthropy! The flyer does not have to be in color, and be sure to cut out each individual ticket (there are three per page). Help support our philanthropy and go get some wings!
- Thursday, April 7 from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. at the Gamma Phi Beta House: "Grilled Cheese with the GPhiB's". We are hosting our annual grilled cheese event at our house! One grilled cheese is $1 and one grilled cheese + tomato soup is $4.
- All proceeds from these events will benefit Girls on the Run.
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Friday, April 8 from 4:30 to 8:00 pm in the Markin Recreation Center
- Show us what you got at our 3v3 basketball tournament that wraps up our joint philanthropy week! The entry fee will be $15/team. First place winner will receive a $75 gift card of their choice. Second place will receive $15. Look out for sign-up information very soon!
- All proceeds will benefit the Children's Hospital of Illinois and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm at the Sigma Kappa house
- This event is $5 for endless tacos! The proceeds from this event will be going to the Sigma Kappa Foundation to then be disbursed among our four philanthropies: Maine Sea Coast Mission, Inherit the Earth, Gerontology, and Alzheimers.
- It will be a fun event with music, tacos, and prizes!
- Between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., stop by Markin Recreation Center on Study Day for this great event!
- Massage therapists will be giving 5 minute chair massages to all persons attending. Healthy snacks and positive mental health tips about the stresses of finals will be provided.
- No registration is needed for this event.
The HUMANe 5k Race seeking Volunteers
- Sunday, May 1 at Bradley Park
- Volunteers will help with traffic flow, pass out water during the race, pass out water and snacks at the post race event, and other random duties.
- Contact Brittany Barnes at email@example.com or (309)682-9015
- Want to find out more about the race? Visit www.peoriahs.org
Questions? Start with your council officers!
- Have a question about recruitment, Greek Week, or anything else?
- Reach out to your council officers - they are masterminds behind all of these awesome events.
- Simply look up the officer you need to get in contact with on the Greek Contact List and they will be sure to help you out, or get you in contact with Nancy Schwartz, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life if needed.
Events and announcements can be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have a promotional video or high resolution photo from a previous event that you would like to request be included in the upcoming issue, email the link or attachment(including the title and date of your submission) directly to email@example.com.
Any more issues or questions? Contact Dave Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org