by Cole Thompson
- democracy - All males had equal rights and could serve in the institutions that governed them.
- males who finished military training had the right to vote.
- women had limited rights, they had restricted movement in public.
Used in finding Athens,Greece.
Holds the Athena parthenos.
Athens is called the high city since it is on a Acropolis.
- Schooling - boys, until age 14 were home schooled, girls, taught by mother.
- Food - fond for great taste in food and wine
- Religion - worship every Greek god\desses
- Daily life - when people have a child born they pin the front door with an item or if the family didn't want their child they were thrown on the street
- The battle of Salamis - the Greeks had won the battle all cause they got a good night's sleep. And the Persians lost cause they didn't sleep.
- The battle started when Athenians fled to Salamis after the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.
- Battled in the Strait of Salamis.
- the Greek ships were faster,thinner,easier to steer.
- The Athena parthenos was built by Phidias
- It was made to symbol Athena as the goddess of the Athens
- Athens motto, A sound mind in a sound body
the goddess Athena
Athena's scared bird
A bronze shield with the gorgon's Medusa head