Second Grade News
What's Happening in Second Grade?
- Non-fiction text features: table of contents, headings, captions, maps, graphs, charts, text types (bold & italized) diagrams, glossary (vocabulary & definitions) & index
- Reading Incentive Program: Be on the lookout for new reading forms that accompany an Olympic-themed incentive beginning on Monday, January 25th! Note: The reading incentive minutes can be applied to your child's weekly reading log.
- Currently in our flex groups the students are learning how to tell and write time to the nearest five minute intervals.
- Our next topic will be double digit addition using multiple strategies. Thank you for your help in supporting your child with his/her math facts.
- Children will formulate written responses to articles and various texts about Martin Luther King Jr.
- Narrative writing will be coming soon.
- Coming soon, In our sound energy unit, the second graders will be creating their own musical instruments.
Dates to Remember:
Mon, Jan 18: No School
Sat, Jan 23: Pancake Breakfast
Mon, Jan 25: 10AM K-2 Reading Incentive Kick-off
Mon, Jan 25: 11AM 3-5 Reading Incentive Kick-off
Thu, Jan 28: 2:15PM Group photos for yearbook
Fri, Feb 12: ACCESS testing window closed
Tue, Mar 1: 2:40PM Coin Assembly *DATE CHANGE*
Wed, Mar 2: 7PM Kindergarten Round-up
Thu, Mar 3: 1:30PM K-2 Reading Incentive Assembly
Thu, Mar 3: 2:30PM 3-5 Reading Incentive Assembly