L.B. Yancey Keeps you Informed
Let's celebrate the season with our Yancey Holiday Spirit Week!
Our students are always at the center of our instruction
A few reminders:
- During this week students will be following a half day schedule. Dismissal will be every day at 12 pm. Please make sure students are picked up at noon if they are a car rider or that someone will be home to wait for them if they ride the bus.
- We will be celebrating this week our Yancey Holiday Spirit Week. Students can participate daily like so: On Monday students can wear a christmas hat, or reindeer headband, On Tuesday is wear bells day, Wednesday is ugly sweater, Thursday is dress like a candy cane (wear white and red) and Friday is pajama day.
- Also, this Thursday, December 16 we will have our Second Annual Winter Holiday Extravaganza. The event will take place in the front of our building as a drive through activity. You will be able to see a display of lights and grab some goodie bags for our students. This will happen from 5:30 pm until 7 pm.
- Our holiday break begins Friday December 17. The office will be closed during the break. Students are expected back in the building on January 3, 2022.
- Arrival at school is between 7:40 and 8:00 AM. A student is considered tardy if they get in the building after 8 am. please make sure to sign in your children using the QR code located in the front door if you are late to school.
- Please do not try to drop students off before 7:40. We need to have staff in place to take temperature and monitor entrance.
- We ask that you monitor your children's health. If they have a temperature, or are not feeling well, please keep them home and contact the school. Our nurse will reach out to advice on the next steps.
- We ask that you stay in your vehicle during dismissal to avoid any confusion. Our staff members will walk the students to the cars. It is for everyone's safety.
- Contact your children's teachers to check on your students' performance. Communication with the school ensures that we are all on the same page.
- We want to keep you informed at all times. Please use this form to update us with phone numbers or email address. We will be raffling out a gift card every two weeks. Update your contact here
- Use this link to sign for the school remind account. Link
- Remember that students are expected to wear their uniforms daily. We understand that there are moments when students can't wear their uniforms but we ask that you alert us if you are having difficulties procuring these.
Time to challenge your child
Practice with this one minute multiplication.
Spanish word of the week!
Today we have a phrase for the Spanish word of the week. "Felices Fiestas" this means "Happy Holidays".
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Official Audio)