Journey of Discovery
Turn our Hearts to our Fathers and Pioneer Ancestors
May we seek to Find and Learn about our Beloved Ancestors!!
"Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceeding glad...Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free!"
Perhaps you feel a desire to do something, but don't know what to do. There is a great spirit waiting to come into your heart...the Spirit of Elijah. Begin researching your unique DNA, find out who you truly are.
Start your Journey of Discovery today!! Here is a straight forward, easy to use 15 step approach to begin using FamilyTree.
1. Access www.familysearch.org
2. Register for your LDS Account (if you don't have one.)
3. Sign in directly to Family Tree.
4. Opens to one of 4 views: traditional, portrait, fan chart, descendancy.
5. Choose "traditional view."
6. Review 4 generations for accuracy as you know it.
7. Add/Find individuals to connect yourself to deceased ancestors.
8. Look for "possible duplicates."
9. Merge duplicates if you are certain; otherwise quit and do nothing; use "not a
10. Edit names and data by clicking on the item.
11. Always enter a reason for any change or addition.
12. Edit relationships, it okay to delete a relationship, but never delete an individual.
13. Use "search records" to add sources.
14. Check for ordinances needed.
15. Clear ordinances following the 110 year rule.
As I stated in my message to Hayward Stake High Priest Group meeting held at 6 pm on Oct. 19, 2014 in the Decoto Building. We must all remember,"If it is to be, it is up to me!!" and "If not now, when? And if not me, who?" The answer is resoundingly YOU!! It is YOU and the time is NOW!! Step up and begin doing the work! Leave behind your comfort zones. Step forward in faith and grow!!
Remember we fail ourselves to success. It will not be easy, but we will do it , and continue to be resilient and we will accomplish many great works in the great effort of hastening the work of salvation. Join me in committing to embark upon your journey of discovery. I testify that great knowledge and blessings await your faithful action.