"Lead all about it" - January 22, 2021
Mrs. Zannetti's class enjoying some fun on the climbing ladder.
Taking a Break
Girls from Mrs. Zannetti's class taking a quick break at recess.
Mrs. Stroup's friends race down our bumpy slide!
PICTURE RETAKE DAY IS JANUARY 27th!
VIRTUAL STUDENTS: Picture Retake Day is scheduled for February 4, 2021. This is for any virtual student that needs a picture retaken or for those students who missed the original picture day. These pictures will be taken at OAKTREE from 5-6pm.
IMPORTANT MASK REMINDERS!
Here are a few important guidelines to follow daily when choosing a mask for your child:
- Must cover the nose and mouth and be secured to the head with ties or straps, or simply wrapped around the lower face.
- Should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Should be disposable or made of washable materials such as cotton, silk, or linen and be laundered daily.
- Should include multiple layers of fabric.
- Should allow for breathing without restriction.
Also, please note that you should not be able to feel your child's breath through their mask when they are wearing it, this qualifies as an inadequate mask.
PARENTS- PLEASE READ!!!
We LOVE to play in the snow at recess! One thing that we have noticed is that we are getting REALLY wet. A heavy pair of mittens or gloves is a must. In addition to the normal winter gear (coat, hat, gloves, boots and snow pants), please send in 2 PAIRS of gloves and 2 PAIRS of socks! Due to the virus, we cannot provide sharable extras as we usually would. If providing any of these items is a struggle for your family, please contact the Reid office.
Leader in Me
This week we continued our focus on Habit 3 – Put First Things First. Linked here you will find a family activity focused on Habit 3. Turn it in to Mrs. Millerschin for a prize.
Important News From Our Food Service Director:
The USDA has extended free meals for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year which, includes breakfast and lunch!
Food distribution for virtual students 18 and younger will be on Fridays from 7:30 – 9:30am at Door #7, at the High School starting Friday January 8, 2021.
Reid Office Staff Change
Reminder: Covid-19 guidelines
With COVID-19 cases in our state increasing, we would like to offer a couple of reminders.
1. If your student is sick or has one primary or two secondary symptom(s) (see list below), please contact your physician before you send them to school.
- Primary Symptoms (1)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever (temp > 100.4 F)
- New Loss of taste or smell
- Secondary Symptoms (2)
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain or body aches
- New onset of severe headache
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Congestion or runny nose
2. If your student has had a COVID test, they must stay home until the school receives a copy of the negative test result. Also, if your student needs to be tested remember we will only accept a PCR test. Rapid tests are unreliable so the District is not accepting results from a rapid test.
- All students can learn.
- Every child grows under the conditions and at the time that's right for them.
- In teaching the whole child.
- All children have the potential to do great things!
- All children can learn, we just need to find the way to teach them.
- In growing the whole child—socially, emotionally, academically.
- Each child can make a difference!
- All students can be a leader
- Students learn best when actively engaged