Newell Family Sunday Message 02/19
February 19th, 2023
Thank you all who attended Parent Teacher Conferences at Newell last week. Parents and teachers working together leads to success for our students! Reminder Picture Day on Thursday!
- Mr. Balcom
Photo of the Week:
Spring Pictures - SMILE! 😃
Our annual Spring Picture Day will be happening on Thursday February 23rd!
ELPA 21 State Testing
ELPA 21 State EL Testing will be going on all week. All EL students will be tested. We can't wait to see how much they've grown!
All students must register for the 2023 - 2024 school year!
Registration opened yesterday! Registration closes March 31st!
2 Options to Register:
- Option 1: Register Online from home at www.gips.org/registration
- Option 2: Let us help! Walk-in Registration at Newell! Every Monday – Friday from 9am to 11am.*
Register BEFORE March 31st to secure a spot at Newell!
*Registration help will be available during Parent Conferences too!
👥 Newell PTA Corner 👥
This section includes updates and important information from our amazing Newell PTA! More information is always available on our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/NewellElementaryPTA
👥 PTA on Facebook
Make sure to like our Newell PTA Facebook Page so you don't miss out on any information!
👥 Box Top for Education School
Did you know our school is a Box Top for education school? It’s super easy to help our school raise extra funds!
- Download the Box Top for Education app!
- Choose our school— A B Newell Elementary School
- Go grocery shopping!
- Scan every receipt just to make sure you’re not missing anything!
- Repeat steps 3&4 as often as you need to!
📆 Important Dates Coming Up 📆
- Newell PTA Meeting - Monday February 20th at 7pm
- Newell PTA Free Event: Goodies, Games, and Guardians - Monday February 27th, 6pm to 7:30pm
- Spring Parties - Thursday March 2nd from 2:15pm to 3:15pm
- No School - Spring Break - Friday March 3rd - March 12th
Keep up with our FULL Calendar of EVERYTHING going on here: http://bit.ly/newellcal
This is the Way!
Enjoy these photos from last week!
Click to zoom in.
♻️ REPEATED MESSAGES ♻️
Important messages we've sent previously.
♻️ Students Who are Sick
Parents, there is a lot of illness going around. Please monitor your child for symptoms.
Description of Fever:
- A fever is a temporary increase in body temperature, usually caused by an illness.
- In most mild, two to five day, childhood illnesses, fever is lowest in the morning, rises in the afternoon, and will be the highest in evening and night. As the child begins to recover, morning temperatures will be normal with fever still present later in the day.
- Students with a temperature of 100 F or more may be sent home from school.
- Students may return to school when their temperature has remained below 100.0 for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
♻️ Weather Updates and School Cancellations
Social media posts as well as a phone call, email or text message will inform you of urgent announcements and weather emergencies. Please be sure our office has your most current telephone and email information.
♻️ School Times:
A regular school day begins at 8:00am and dismisses at 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. Students may be dropped after 7:30am.
Please make your child aware of his/her after school plan. If transportation or daycare plans change, please call the office so we can let your child’s teacher know. Thank you.
We start our school day right at 8:00am. It is VERY important that your child is in class ready to learn at 8:00. Breakfast is served from 7:30am to 7:50am. We are unable to serve students breakfast after 7:50am. If your child needs to eat breakfast at Newell, plan to have them on campus with enough time to get to our breakfast line by 7:50. Students arriving after 7:50 should go to their class lines.
Visitors need to check in at the office and wear given identification while in the school. All visitors must enter through door #1.
♻️ Birthday Treats:
Birthdays may be celebrated in each child’s classroom. Families are NOT required or expected to provide treats or gifts. However, if you want to offer treats, please provide healthy snacks that are individually packaged. Cupcakes, cookies, donuts, etc. will not be allowed.
Have a wonderful week!
Nate Balcom- Principal
Heather Glause - Secretary
Cheryl Brax - Attendance Secretary
Jami White - Social Worker (M/W/F)
Carrie Whitcomb - School Counselor (T/Th)
Katie Dubbs - Nurse
Yolanda Seiler - Spanish Interpreter