Mt. Lion News
June 14, 2021
From the Principal's Desk
For the last day of school tomorrow - we will be celebrating our 5th graders with an online awards and promotion ceremony.
In-person students will spend some time with their classes and then we will have some outdoor activities after lunch for the whole school to enjoy. Some of the activities tomorrow may have the students getting wet - so a towel and sunscreen are appropriate. We would like for all students to wear their Class T-Shirt to school!
Distance Learning students have some fun activities planned throughout the day to help end the year on a high note!
What a year it's been. Thank you to all of our students, staff, and families for all of your hard work, patience, and grace as we re-imagined school this year. We have all learned a great deal and I am looking forward to returning to a more typical school year in the Fall.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
School Supply Kit Order
Would you rather spend a summer day at the store or get everything you need in one easy box? Order your school supplies from the comfort of home to prepare your student for next year. Supply orders include the exact colors, quantities, and brands your teachers have approved for class. Get your back-to-school shopping out of the way early and enjoy a summer day!
Order by: Thursday, June 17, 2021
Order online: www.shopttkits.com
Enter our school’s account number: 11456
Follow the steps to complete your order. Remember to select what grade your child(ren) will be entering next FALL.
Questions? Contact Tina Sehgal at Tinasehgalny@gmail.com
Summer Reading Program
Did you know??? Each year, the library tracks the number of students that sign up for and participate in the Summer Reading program and awards the school with the highest level of participation with a trophy. Waterford won the trophy last year - and we are hopeful to retain our crown!
Summer Meal Service
School Nutrition Services will continue to provide meals to LCPS families during the summer months.
Summer service will begin Monday, June 14, at all school sites. Ten days of meals will be provided at this time.
There will be no meal service on Monday, June 21, as the School Nutrition staff takes a brief break.
On Monday, June 28, Summer School walk-up meal service will begin. This service will be held every Monday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. throughout the summer, with the exception of Monday, July 5, when schools are closed in observance of Independence Day. That week, meal service will occur on Tuesday, July 6.
The 23 schools that will be open for Summer School walk-up service include:
- Algonkian Elementary School
- Arcola Elementary School
- Cedar Lane Elementary School
- Cool Spring Elementary School
- Creighton’s Corner Elementary School
- Dominion High School
- Dominion Trail Elementary School
- Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School
- Harmony Middle School
- Harper Park Middle School
- Hillside Elementary School
- Independence High School
- John Champe High School
- Kenneth Culbert Elementary School
- Leesburg Elementary School
- Loudoun County High School
- Meadowland Elementary School
- Park View High School
- Potomac Falls High School
- Rolling Ridge Elementary School
- Smart’s Mill Middle School
- Stone Bridge High School
- Sugarland Elementary School
Beginning on Wednesday, June 16, bus delivery of meals will begin. Buses will provide eight days of meals on this date.
Bus delivery will continue on the following dates:
- Monday, June 28, eight days of meals
- Tuesday, July 6, six days of meals
- Monday, July 12, seven days of meals
- Monday, July 19, seven days of meals
- Monday, July 26, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 2, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 9, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 16, eight day of meals