Livestock Registration Papers due August 1st.
Projects that are completed this year, but not judged at achievement days, will be eligible to be brought to achievement days next year for judging and then sending to state fair for judging there as well.
Summer event details
Special Foods cookbook survey
The South Dakota 4‐H Special Foods Committee will be creating a Special Foods Cookbook for
purchase this year. The cookbook will consist of recipes from 2020 and previous years Special
Foods recipes that have been collected. To help us in determining the potential amount of
cookbooks sold, please fill out this survey. This will not serve as an order form for the cookbooks, cookbooks will need to be ordered through the ordering process this fall. The link to the survey is https://www.questionpro.com/t/APl4lZiDM8.
Fair Entry State Fair Registration open as well as Achievement Days
Registration for Achievement Days is due July 27th, with cards ready for pick up beginning July 29th.
Be sure to go all the way through entering your projects until you click "submit" and see the thank you page. Otherwise Ann cannot approve them and get the cards printed.
The Fair Entry Registration for State Fair, State Dog Show and State Horse Show is now open. The links to Fair Entry for each event is below:
- State Fair: http://sd4hstatefair.fairentry.com
- State Dog Show: http://state4hdogshow.fairentry.com
- State Horse Show: http://sdstatehorseshow.fairentry.com
State Livestock Judging and Skill‐A‐Thon is currently not open. I will let everyone know when it is live. The link to State Livestock Judging and Skill‐A‐Thon is:
- State Livestock Judging and Skill‐A‐Thon: http://sd4hlivestockjudging.fairentry.com
Youth have until 11:59 pm on August 11th to register for State Fair, State Dog Show, and State
Horse Show. The registration deadline for State Livestock Judging and Skill‐A‐Thon is September 9th at 11:59 pm.
Some reminders for families during registration include:
- Families with multiple youth need to register all youth before submitting the registrations. Families will not be allowed to register another youth until the registration has been approved by the county.
- If a youth is competing in both Livestock Judging and Livestock Skill‐A‐Thon, they must register for both contests. Registering for one contest does not register you for both contests.