Findley Flyer 1/6/22
Thank you for your support this week during remote learning. I have had the opportunity to visit many remote classes and I have been so impressed with the level of engagement during remote learning. In addition, our teachers have reported that the students are doing a fantastic job. This could not happen without the hard work and dedication of our teachers and staff and the support from home!
I am sure that you are wondering about returning face-to-face next week. At this time, I have not heard of any decisions yet. I am currently planning for a return to face-to-face instruction unless I hear otherwise from our district.
Along with our current mitigation practices, here are a few reminders for when we return face-to-face:
1. Students should always bring a water bottle to school. Although water fountains continue to remain shut down, students can fill their bottles in their classrooms or by using the water bottle filling stations.
2. Masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors. Students may remove their masks during recess and PE during moderate to vigorous exercise.
3. Please provide an extra mask for your child in his or her backpack in case the mask becomes damaged or wet.
4. The COVID-19 Safety Measures require that all school visitors must complete a wellness check.
- Wellness Check – link to poster on our front door.
- www.tinyurl.com/safetyscreen - If a visitor does not have a QR code reader on their phone, they can launch the survey.
The epidemiology report for January 6 shows Johns Creek at 1855.6 per 100,000. Please continue to employ practices to contain the level of infection in our communities, like physical distancing and frequent hand washing, which help keep our students and schools safe and focused on learning. Be sure to report any positive cases through the parent portal.
Thank you for all that you are doing to keep our community safe.
- As a reminder, if your child is sick, please have him or her stay home.
- All FCS staff and students are required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with person who is COVID-19 positive.
- FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.
- Reporting staff and students must wait for further guidance from the FCS Health Services Team, Talent Department, or public health officials after submitting a report.
- The FCS COVID-19 Response Team will case investigate all reports in consultation with public health officials. Staff and students are required to cooperate with response team/public health department nurses and respond truthfully to all questions.
- The district will update positive COVID-19 cases once a week on the FCS website.
Changes to FCS Calendar
Late Start Days Switch to Half Days
Based on feedback from a variety of stakeholders, the Board voted on a calendar adjustment that will change all remaining late start Mondays for the 2021-2022 school year to early release days. This impacts the following dates:
- January 24, 2022
- February 28, 2022
- March 21, 2022
- Elementary School 12:20 p.m.
- High School 1:30 p.m.
- Middle School 2:05 p.m.
After school program information is forthcoming.
FAVE Open Enrollment
The application window for students who wish to apply to Fulton Academy of Virtual Excellence (FAVE) for the 2022-23 school year is open December 15, 2021-January 15, 2022. Interested families are encouraged to attend a Prospective FAVE family meeting on January 6. For more information, please visit www.fultonschools.org/FAVE.
Hardship Transfer Deadline-February 28
Who to Contact for Questions or Concerns
- David Applegate- The Instructional Support Teacher (IST) coordinates programs and service delivery for special education students. He coordinates educational testing for students who are referred for special education services. Parents with questions about the special education process should contact the IST for information. email@example.com
- Cindy Lamb-The Assistant Principal who oversees student information (Infinite Campus, Parent Portal), grading, standardized testing, discipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Hernandez-The School Counselor works with school personnel to foster a positive learning environment for children. The counselor assists parents in understanding children and in developing positive attitudes, techniques, and strategies essential for constructive child rearing. The counselor assists parents and children in obtaining special school and/or community services and helps conduct the SST and testing programs. email@example.com
- Colleen Greathouse-The Curriculum Support Teacher (CST) Parents with questions involving curriculum, class placement, and diagnostic placement assessments are invited to contact the Curriculum Support Teacher for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If further assistance is still needed, contact the Principal, Camille Christopher. email@example.com
Kids Heart Challenge
Carpool Procedures and Safety Reminders
Carpool –Arrival – Findley Oaks has two carpool lines – carpool line 1 in the front of the school and carpool line 2 in the back of the school. Line 1 is always open. Line 2 is open AFTER all the buses have arrived in the morning. After the buses have departed, we will put a sign up near the stop sign indicating, “Carpool Lines 1 and 2 are now OPEN”. At that time if you choose to drop off at carpool line 2, you may turn right at the stop sign, proceed around the circle and pull up to the red line by the Food Court doors. Staff members will be on hand to direct you and the students to the correct location. Please drop students off in the designated drop off zone only. Students may not be dropped off in the circle and may not enter the doors by the playground. As you leave this line you will turn left to exit the school property. Please be aware of traffic coming from the front of the school.
Please note: Cars should not be using the first right turn to access the carpool line. This is a buses only area. Please pull up to the stop sign and proceed to a carpool line. Line 2 closes at 7:39. If you are arriving after this time, please use Line 1 and sign your child in if you are late arriving. Safety is a top priority. After this time staff members are not available to monitor this area for arriving students.
When both carpool lines are open you have the option to use either line. If you need to enter the building, please use carpool line 1 and park in the front of the building. There is no parent parking area in the back of the building.
All school traffic should use the official school entrance connecting from Findley Road rather than Findley Chase Drive. Please remember to drive slowly on campus at all times. Whether you use carpool line 1 or 2 please form a single line. In the interest of safety, children are to enter and exit from the right passenger side doors only. Children are not to cross through the parking lot without an adult accompanying them. If your child needs assistance getting out of the car, please park in the front of the school and escort your child into the building. Cars should not park in the pickup or dismissal area along the front curb.
In order to facilitate the loading and unloading of car riders, we ask that you follow the staff directions and pull as far to the front of the loading/unloading area as possible. If you are unloading in carpool line 1 please do not allow your student to get out of the car before you have reached the flagpole, as there is no supervision of that area. Please do NOT pull around other cars loading/unloading students. Please wait until the car in front of you moves and follow in a single line.
Please adjust your departure time from home on rainy days when there is a higher volume of cars and a longer wait time. Students entering the building after the bell rings will be marked as unexcused late arrival. If your child arrives late, please escort them into the building and sign them in.
Do not drop off or pick up students in the back of the school. All students should use the carpool line.
Reading and ELA Textbook Adoption
Our district is in the final phases of adoption a new textbook series for Reading and Language Arts for Kindergarten through 5th grade. The textbook options have been narrowed down to two resources: My View and Wonders. Parents and teachers are invited to review the two resources and complete the electronic survey located on the district website (https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/22313).
Materials for the two textbook series are set up in the Media Center for public review now through January 21st between the hours of 7:10-7:40am or 2-3:30pm. If needed, please reach out to the CST, Colleen Greathouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate time to review the materials. Please check in at the front office (bring your driver's license) when you come to review the resources.
The selection of the textbook resource will be recommended to the FCS school board late second semester, with a final decision made in May.
K-5 ELA Textbook Adoption Flyer
Menus for January 10-14, 2022
Pancake and Sausage on a Stick
Blueberry Muffin with a Yogurt
Pancake and Sausage Patty
French Toast Sticks
Yogurt with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar
Pancake and Sausage Griddle
Cheese Pizza Pack
Turkey and Cheese Croissants
Teriyaki Chicken with Rice
Yogurt and Cheese Pack
Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese
Turkey Chef Salad
Southern Breaded Chicken
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Turkey and Cheese Lunch Box Buddy
Filet of fish Sandwich
Cheese Pizza AND Meat Lovers Pizza
Cheese Pizza Pack
Findley Oaks PTA News
Spirit Night at Taco Mac January 26, 2022
Findley Oaks Elementary School Spirit Night:
Place: Taco Mac- 2607 Peachtree Pkwy, Suwanee, GA 30024
Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2022
Time: All Day during open hours
PTA is Stocking the Staff Lounge
STOCK THE STAFF LOUNGE
Let's keep our Findley Oaks Staff hydrated & full of energy!!
Please choose item/items to donate to Stock the Staff Lounge. You can have items shipped to the school or drop them off in the front office.
SIGN UP BELOW:
The FOES yearbook is gathering content for the 2021-2022 yearbook. But we need your help!
If you have any photos on your phone or other devices of school happenings, please email them to: email@example.com
Please include in the subject line: your student/students name(s), their grade(s), and event name (if applicable).
Feel free to send photos to the email address listed above throughout the school year!
Anything that you can send to us is greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for your help!