Winter Camp! Blue & Gold!
February & March Pack Events
First Things First
25 youth and 18 adults are attending camp this year, so it should be a great one!!
It's taking place at Camp Tesomas in Rhinelander, WI.
Just a reminder of a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Check-in is between 7-8pm, Friday February 5th.
- Carpooling is certainly an option, though this has yet to be discussed.
- All youth MUST have the Part A and B Medical Forms filled out and turned in at camp in order to participate. No form, no camp. You can obtain the form once again HERE, or via the link below. NOTE: Part C does not need to be filled out as this activity is less than 72 hours.
- We are finished by 4pm on Saturday. Those wishing not to travel back that night may get lodging in one of the nearby hotels. AmericInn Lodge & Suites has been suggested by some in the past. 648 Kemp Street. There is also a Quality Inn and Americas Best Value Inn nearby if you so choose.
What to Bring
Please look at this carefully as it can certainly make the experience more enjoyable!
- Two (2) Winter Hats - (one spare) - the face mask type is preferred.
- Two to Three (2-3) Pairs of Mittens or Gloves - Please make sure they are heavy enough for extended snow activities.
- Two to Three (2-3) Wool or Fleece Sweaters/Sweatshirts
- Winter Jacket - Preferrably hooded
- One to Two (1-2) Pairs of Polypropylene Long Underwear
- Two (2) Pairs of Pants - One of these should include wool or insulated snow pants.
- Snow pants are highly recommended - Two pair would be beneficial if you have them!
- Two to Three (2-3) Pairs of Heavy Insulated Socks - Wool or Synthetic
- Two (2) Pairs of Light Synthetic Liner Socks
- One to Two (1-2) Pairs of Warm Winter Boots
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle - Feel free to bring a few snacks too
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Chapstick, Travel Kleenex, Towel & Other Toiletries
- Warm Pajamas
- Sleds - Sleds are optional. They are also listed as being provided by the camp, so there may be enough for all.
Please note that it is best to dress in layers for these activities! Bring extra clothes in case some get wet, which is almost a certainty, as the entire day is spent outdoors.
It would be beneficial if most, if not all, items were labeled with the Scout's name.
Below is a surrounding map for Tesomas Scout Camp.
The Blue & Gold Banquet - March 6, 2016
The Magic of Scouting...
We are still looking for people to join the committee and help make this event an evening they'll remember!
The theme for this year is "Magic!"
In order to help us prepare, we need an accurate head count. As such, we are requiring RSVPs no later than February 12th. Due to limited space, Tigers through Webelos I may only invite immediate family. Webelos II, who will be Bridging over into the Boy Scouts at this time, may extend the invitation to other family members.
This event is a Pot Luck, and the food choice is chili. Dens will be assigned what to bring based on attendance. More information to follow! If you wish to get involved in the planning, please email Shaun at firstname.lastname@example.org.