The Madison School PTA Newsletter / January 22, 2021
Don't Forget to Order Your Yearbook!
Commemorate this wild school year with a Madison Paw Prints yearbook. Yearbooks can be purchased at TreeRing.com until March 31, 2021. Login with your username/password from previous years (or create a login/password if you haven't ordered before) and select “Madison Elementary School 2020-2021.” You may choose to purchase either a softcover or hardcover book, and you can add your own custom pages if you'd like.
The yearbook also needs your help in gathering photos! Whether your student is in person or virtual, please share photos of what school looks like for you. Post them in the Madison PTA Facebook Group or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Madison students only, please – no siblings.)
Questions? Contact Yearbook Chief Editor Megan Savitt.
Help Plan the 5th Grade Celebration
In five short months our sons and daughters will be moving on from Madison Elementary School. Although we aren't sure yet what life will look like in June, we would love to assemble a committee to start planning the 5th grade celebration. Let us know if you would like to help. - Julie Ippolito, Megan Day and Andrea O'Shea
Madison PTA Sponsors December Mobile Food Pantry
Upcoming Mobile Food Pantries: February 4, 18 and 26
Attention Virtual Students - Tuesdays at 2 Continues in 2021
DEI 200 is dedicated to amplifying all voices with dialogue and action, and helping all students achieve their greatest potential. We need the commitment of the community to make that happen. Please join the next Community Conversation on February 4 - follow the DEI 200 Facebook Page for more details.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the DEI Committee Chair (and Madison parent), Anjali Bharadwa, at email@example.com or by phone at 630-660-5937.
CUSD 200 Updates and Resources
CUSD 200 school nurses have begun receiving their COVID-19 vaccines, and teachers are expected to receive theirs in February. The school board has its next meeting on January 27. We will continue to keep you updated with any implications for elementary students.
For in-person learning to continue, the district has asked the community to follow mitigation, health and safety protocols both during and outside of school hours. The district thanked those families who are doing so and urges everyone to do their part to flatten the number of COVID-19 cases.
Stay up to date with these CUSD 200 web resources:
- CUSD 200 website
- CUSD 200 newsroom
- COVID dashboard - Stay up to date on quarantine and confirmed case numbers
- Food service - All students can receive free meals, whether they learn in person or virtually
- YouTube channel - Watch board meetings live or on demand
- Student Excellent Foundation Essential Needs Fund - Donate to the emergency fund that provides resources to CUSD 200 families facing food insecurity and other needs
Easy Ways to Fundraise for Madison PTA!
Donate to the Madison PTA while you shop!
- Box Tops for Education: Scan your grocery receipt in the Box Tops app, and Madison will earn 10 cents from every qualifying item. Download the app.
- AmazonSmile: Join AmazonSmile and select Madison, so when you shop Amazon - on the website or through the app - the PTA will get 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Learn more on the PTA website.
- January 25: PTA Meeting 7 p.m. ZOOM
- January 27: D200 Board of Education Committee of the Whole 7 p.m. Hubble Middle School
- January 29: Institute Day - No School
- February 4: DEI 200 Community Conversation
View the full meeting schedule for the year and access minutes from previous meetings on the Madison PTA website.