West Genesee District e-Newsletter
December 30, 2020
WGHS Students Inducted into the National Honor Society
This year to celebrate the induction of West Genesee High School students into the West Genesee Scientia Chapter of the National Honor Society a unique pre-recorded video induction was created as a way to recognize their commitment to academic achievement, character, leadership, and extra-curricular involvement.
The nine students inducted this fall were Shane Conklin, Emily Connelly, Joseph Delany, Grace Fletcher, Julia Griffith, Branighan Harris, Makayla Kemp, Jacob Mueller, and Alex Rosa.
A list of the 144 Students Inducted in March 2020 can be read from the website by clicking here.
This video (also see a link to the article below this article) honors both our spring inductees as well as fall inductees. All of the students are to be commended for their accomplishments in these areas. Congratulations!
New Assistant Superintendent for Management Services is Announced
West Genesee Streamlines our COVID-19 Communication
Reminder: Free Breakfast and Lunch
The USDA has granted ALL students in the United States FREE breakfast and lunch for this entire school year due to the COVID pandemic. Orders can be placed at: https://westgenesee.nutrislice.com/menu/.
West Genesee District PTA/PTO is Hosting a Talk with the Superintendent
Please join the West Genesee PTA/PTO District Council for a Talk with the Superintendent on January 19, 2021 starting at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.
Emergency Closing Information is Important!
Please see the statement found here posted by Superintendent Bills on December 23, 2020 regarding closures that help to outline the question “Will there still be snow days?
Announcements about school closings, delayed openings, or early dismissal will be posted on the News Headlines section of the District website home page. They are also broadcast on Twitter, Facebook, and the following stations which you can access by clicking here.
SchoolMessenger communications software allows us to send emails, texts, and make phone calls. (Phone calls will be used for emergency situations only.)
Parent/Guardians and staff will NOT need to sign-up to receive information from schools that you are registered for in Schooltool. (You will have the option to opt-out if you choose not to receive emails, texts, and/or phone calls. To receive texts, you also have to opt-in per the instructions in the Tips article below. )
For more information go to the website and click on Communications Info/School App from the Connect section of the home page.
Are you Receiving All of our Communications? Helpful Tips about the SchoolMessenger Communication System:
- To be sure that you are receiving all emails sent from the District/schools/teachers please periodically check your spam/junk/promotions folder for emails with @westgenesee.org, then mark that they are not spam/junk/promotions.
- To be sure that you are receiving text messages this year from WGCSD or your school(s) Text a "Y" or "Yes" to 67587
If you still have questions about receiving emails and/or text from WGCSD please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten Registration has Begun
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year opened virtually on December 1, 2020 and will go until March 31, 2021. This will allow our families to register their children from the comfort of their home or office. Please click here to start the Virtual Registration process. This will schedule a telemeeting with you.
When registering, parents should be prepared to upload the following:
- proof of residency (ie. mortgage or property statement or signed lease agreement)
- proof of immunizations
- proof of age
A physical examination is also required and a dental certificate is requested for entry into kindergarten. These examinations should be done up to one year prior to the first day of school. Children who enter kindergarten this fall must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2021.
For additional information about registering your student, go to the Registration section of the website, email the Central Registrar at email@example.com, or call them at (315) 487-4683.
Check out the Latest News from these WGCSD Leadership Blogs
- Notes from the Superintendent
- Notes from Executive Principal Ackles
- Notes from the CMS Principal
- Notes from Principal Dunham (WGMS)
- Notes from Principal Craig (East Hill)
- Notes from Principal Clark (Onondaga Road)
- Notes from the Split Rock Principal
- Notes from Principal Simmons (Stonehedge Blue)
- Notes from Principal Suddaby (Stonehedge Gold)
- Notes from the Director of Special Education
- Notes from Team Remote
- Notes from the WG Nurses
- Notes from Fine Arts
- December 24, 2020 - January 1, 2021 Holiday Recess - No School
- January 4, 2021 School Back in Session
- January 6, 2021 Board of Education Policies and Bylaws Committee Meeting-6:00 p.m.
- January 6, 2021 Board of Education Meeting-7:00 p.m.
- January 18, 2021 No School-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 19, 2021 Talk with the Superintendent-7:00 p.m.