Grapevine Mustang Band
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Thank you to everyone on your flexibility and understanding to make the band banquet a success!
- Thank you to Kim Bentson for her incredible work in making our banquet work. She went way above and beyond this year and we are so grateful! If you have not picked up your banquet awards please reach out to her at email@example.com
- Summer Uniform sizing: Please view the sizing chart (below) and fill out the sizing form HERE if you are a new member of the Mustang Band or need a new summer uniform shirt or shorts. Deadline to fill out the form is MONDAY. Please let Kristen Pratt know if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are in the process of updating Charms. If you are receiving our emails you are listed on the Grapevine Band roster. If you attend CHHS, please let Mr. Rees (email@example.com) know and we will transfer you to the correct school.
- The second installment of band fees was due June 5th. Click HERE for how to pay information.
- The GHS Band Calendar has been updated and can be found HERE.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- INCOMING FRESHMEN: Members of our Band Leadership Team will be reaching out to their sections at various points over the summer. If you have any questions please reach out to Mr. Rees via email. (if you are not on the google classroom, join! (code:aan7mel)
- Pay your delinquent band fees.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day. Our suggestion is below.
School Physicals Requirements
For this year only, any students who have an existing physical on record from last year, and do not have any changes in their health, are waived from getting a new physical for the 2020-2021 school year. Students who did not receive a physical last year, or students who have any flags on their questionnaire this year, are required to get a physical before beginning participation.
1) ALL students must complete the first-page Pre-Participation evaluation HERE.
2) If your student has no concerns and they have an existing physical from the 19-20 school year, they are cleared to participate.
3) If your student has any health concerns, they must proceed to acquire a physical (second page of PDF filled out by a physician).
4) If your student has no existing physical from last year (including all incoming freshmen), they must proceed to get a physical (second page of PDF filled out by a physician).
Please email all completed forms to Ms. Irby (Brooke.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Medical History forms will be collected by coaches and turned into the campus athletic trainer. If there is an issue with the physical, you will be contacted by either campus athletic trainer or coach.
If you have questions regarding physical updates, please reach out to GHS Head Athletic Trainer, Tiffany Phillips at email@example.com
Meet the new faces of the Mustang Band
2019-2020 MUSTANG BAND AWARD RECIPIENTS
Outstanding Freshman – Aiden Waldo
Outstanding Sophomore – Abby Isley
Outstanding Junior – Jenyssa Obregon
Outstanding Senior – Megan Ja
Wind Ensemble Director’s Award – Kristen Edwards
Honors Band Director’s Award – Stacie Selzer
Symphonic Band Director’s Award – Alyster Trigleth
Colorguard Director’s Award – Jing Tran
Percussion Director’s Award – Michaela Fearey
Band Booster Scholarship Recipients
- Emily Koch, Max Moyer, Marisa Gulati, Ashley Dove, Kristen Edwards
- Prithvi Senthilkumar, Luis Beas, Anthony Hearst
Gilmore Award – Mikey Strobel
Sousa Award – Emily Koch
Start Raising Money NOW!
Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser (always ongoing)
○ Start now: go to https://shopwithscrip.com
○ Enter our school enrollment code:72226A747L87
Hello Band Families,
The Show must go on!! Your Band Directors and Booster Club are working hard on planning for next year’s marching and concert season. As most of you heard on the virtual parent meeting, 2020-21 band fee payments begin May 15.
Scrip Gift Card Fundraising is a great way to raise some (or all) of that money simply by paying with gift cards for purchases you normally make!
In a nutshell, the scrip website has hundreds of gift cards to choose from. You buy the ones you like and pay full price for them. You then receive the rebate (percentage varies by retailer and is listed). Back to your student’s charms account. When it’s time tomake a fee payment, simply let our treasurer, Andrea Galante, know via email. Treasurer@grapevinehsband.com and tell her you would like to apply your credits toward the fee.
For parents of incoming freshmen, you may start with Scrip now and we will track your credits and apply them in charms once your student is promoted to GHS Band.
1). To get started, go to www.shopwithscrip.com, create an account and use our school enrollment code: 172226A747L87.
2). In light of current circumstances, please choose electronic gift cards and pay via credit card or by linking your bank account. Once we are able to receive UPS packages at school, we will do an order that includes physical (plastic) gift cards too. Electronic gift cards can be sent as gifts and will go out in an attractive format to the recipient’s email address.
3). Pay attention to rebate percentages to maximize yours earnings. Often retailers have bonus rebates and your earn a higher percentage. Mark your calendar for May 7th.... it’s Thanks-scripping Day. Many retailers will have bonus rebates that will not be advertised in advance!