Sunday, October 10-Newsletter for the Wilder Community
Welcome to Week 6!
Hello Team WMS!
We are looking forward to a great 4-day week at WMS! The after-school program begins on Tuesday! Below is a message from the center director and a registration link.
My name is Katia Griffin. I am the new center director for the Wilder CLC afterschool program. However, I am not a stranger to Wilder middle school, I worked as an Instructional Assistant for 3 years at Wilder. I encourage you to sign your student/s up for this awesome free program. We offer many fun enrichment programs such as shoe design, stem-coding, mentoring, sewing, drama, piano/keyboard and many more. We will also offer homework help and have literacy and math remediation in the evenings. Students will be served a hot meal every afternoon and have free transportation home in the evenings. The program runs Monday-Friday from 3:15pm to 5:45pm. Please take advantage of this awesome free program. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 804-547-3498.
Below is the link to sign up right from your smartphone.
Thank you for reading this week's newsletter. Please be in touch with any questions or concerns!
~Mrs. Broudy, Principal
Additional safety concerns:
- We will not accept Door Dash or GrubHub deliveries for students. If you would like to drop off a special lunch, please bring it to the school and have your ID available.
- Please try and schedule early dismissals before 3:00.
- Cell phones are not permitted during the school day.
Thank you for your support of our school program!
Safety Alert! Tik Tok Challenge
Change to Reflections Due Date
Are you working on a Reflections entry that shows us how you can change the world? Well now you have more time! Due to changes to the Reflections program at the Henrico County level, the deadline is now November 17th, not October 22nd. How you submit your entries is changing, too, and we'll be sending out details for that process in the next week. For more information on the Reflections program, click here.
Save the Date - Spirit Night @ Red Robin
October 20th, 5pm-9pm, 11784 W. Broad Street
Support Wilder PTSA by having dinner at the Red Robin at Short Pump Town Center! Tell your server you are with Wilder, or if you order online follow the instructions on the flyer to let them know your order is part of a fundraiser.
Connect with the PTSA, Join Our FB Group
Check out our website at https://wilderptsa.org/, and from there you can join the PTSA, see upcoming events, link to our Facebook group where Wilder parents can connect, and more!
It is important that students attend school each day and arrive on time to ensure they are receiving all of their instruction. Please see below for important information regarding attendance.
· School starts at 8:05 each day. Students are considered tardy if they arrive at 8:30 or later.
· Notify the school by calling the front office at (804) 515-1100 if your child will be absent from school. If we are not notified of an absence, your child will be marked absent unexcused automatically.
· Our attendance team regularly monitors student attendance. Families of students with five or more unexcused absences will be required to meet to develop a support plan for attendance.
· If there is anything we can do to support your efforts in making sure your child is at school every day, please reach out to your child’s school counselor or our Family Advocate, Mrs. Clarke!
Get Your Yearbooks!
Speciality Center Information
Life Ready Expo 2021
2021-2022 School Calendar
10/20 PTSA Spirit Night at Red Robin
10/23 Family Harvest Festival sponsored by 6th Grade
11/4 Fall Parent/Student/Teacher Conference Day
11/12 Student Harvest Ball sponsored by 8th Grade
11/15-11/16 Fall Picture Days (Yearbook Pictures)
11/17 PTSA Spirit Night at Panda Express
12/16 PTSA Spirit Night at Panera
1/19 PTSA Spirit Night at MOD Pizza