News from the Nest
November 19, 2021
The Weeks Ahead
Monday 11/22 - Wednesday 11/24
- No School for Students - K-5 Parent/Teacher Conferences
Thursday 11/25 - Friday 11/26
- Thanksgiving Holiday - Schools and Offices Closed
Tuesday 11/30 (Day 4)
Wednesday 12/1 (Day 1)
Thursday 12/2 (Day 2)
- Reading Olympics - 8:00 - 8:30am Library
Friday 12/3 (Day 3)
- Yearbook Cover Contest Ends
Vernfield Holiday Giving Program
Thank you for supporting the Vernfield Giving Tree! If you have any questions please reach out to Nicole Kissell, School Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling All Vernfield Artists!
Does your Vernfield student love to draw? Encourage them to channel that creativity into the Vernfield Yearbook cover contest! The Yearbook Committee is hard at work pulling together another successful yearbook for the Vernfield students and needs your help.
The below flyers will be sent home in your child's folder in the coming weeks, but we'd like to encourage all students to start their submissions now. Please note that artwork should be on a single sheet of white paper (8.5"x11") and must in a vertical orientation. In addition, all entries must include the school name (Vernfield Elementary), the school year (2021/2022) and the school message (Be the "I" in kind"). More information can be found on the flyers.
All student artwork must be submitted to your child's teacher by Friday, December 3rd, in order to be considered for the contest. The winners will be chosen by a panel, with the winning 5th grade drawing being displayed on the front cover of the yearbook, and the winning K-4th grade drawing being displayed on the back cover of the yearbook.
If you have any questions about the yearbook contest, please reach out to Alex Ricketts and Julie Kinch at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
Food Service is Hiring Managers, Cooks and Food Service Staff!
- $250 signing bonus
- No nights or weekends
- Full and part-time available
- Paid sick-time and holidays
- 401K and discount programs
Or scan the QR code. A Chartwells flyer can be downloaded below.
Easy Ways to Help Fundraise!
Please consider helping to raise funds for Home & School using the following:
- Amazon Smile: earn money for VF while shopping on Amazon! Go to smile.amazon.com/about for instructions.
- Box Tops Bonus App: Download the Box Tops Bonus App for your phone or tablet! Find offers, buy products, scan your receipt and earn even MORE box tops for Vernfield!
- ShopRite for My School: earn Box Tops for VF while shopping at ShopRite! Register your PricePlus club card at: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card.
- Coca Cola Give: Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then just scan your product or enter your product code and watch the funds grow.
- Holiday Shoppe Begins
- Winter Concert Recording
- Holiday Shoppe Ends
- Service Hawks - 8:00 - 8:30am 3rd Grade Pod
12/23/2021 - 1/2/2022 - Christmas/Winter Holiday - No School for Students
On Wednesday, December 9th at 7:00PM, the Indian Valley Education Foundation in collaboration with The Drug Enforcement Administration Division invite you to join in a conversation about the top drug threats that we face here in the Indian Valley.
This is event is FREE, but pre-registration is required!
HSA Executive Board Members
President: Meg Dick; firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Fundraising: Julie Gerhart; email@example.com
VP Communications: Mandy Merrill; firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Kristin Emmons; email@example.com
Co-Treasurer: Alisha Reynolds; firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Treasurer: Wendy Clemmer; email@example.com