Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag on Twitter: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
- Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
This will be a shorter bulletin due to the short month. However December is packed full of activities, so read carefully for important information and links to RSVP forms!
News and Reminders
- Friday, December 20th is an early release day! Pre-K and EC will NOT have school. Grades K-5 will release at 12:25. Due to a tight, revised lunch schedule on this day we will NOT be able to accommodate lunch visitors. Thank you for your understanding!
- Rezoning Information: Klein ISD is rezoning elementary attendance zones at this time. HERE is the website where you can stay up-to-date with information.
- Lost and Found: Please make sure your students check for lost items in the Lost and Found! It is already full. We will be donating all unclaimed items (without names) to TEAM on the last day before the holiday break. You are also welcome to come and check for lost items yourself; just check in with the front office.
- Parent Volunteers: Klein ISD has transitioned to a new electronic volunteer system which requires annual background checks. Please visit this website for more information and to re-submit your background check for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school. Notes may be turned in to the teacher or office, emailed to the teacher or office staff, or submitted through Skyward Family Access.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our primary source of communication again this year. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
- 10:00 a.m. for AM Pre-K and AM EC
- 2:00 p.m. for all other classes
HERE is a copy of the invitation!
Click HERE to RSVP in order to skip the line! Please note that if your ID has not been scanned into our system, you will still need to be scanned on the day of the party. RSVP closes on 12/13 at 5:00 p.m.
Thanks to our November Watch D.O.G.S.!!! (As of 11/14/19)
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- 12/2 - Fall Make-up Pictures
- 12/3 - Spelling Bee (8:30 a.m.)
- 12/4 - PTO General Meeting (6:00 p.m.)
- 12/5 - Holiday Dress-Up Days begin (see schedule above)
- 12/9-12/13 - PTO Holiday Shop (During school hours)
- 12/10 - 3rd Grade Holiday Musical (6:30-7:30 p.m.)
- 12/11 - Big Kahuna Party Bus (permission slips coming home soon)
- 12/12 - Choir and Percussion holiday concerts (6:30-7:30 p.m.)
- 12/13 - PTO Talent Show and Silent Auction (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- 12/16-12/18 - December P2P Celebrations (see schedule and RSVP above)
- 12/19 - Holiday Parties (See Invitation and RSVP above)
- 12/20 - Early Release Day (see information above)
- 12/20 - Campus closed to visitors
- 12/23-1/6 - Winter Break
- 1/7 - Students return; Start of 2nd semester/3rd grading cycle