Make a healthy choice
- Brown rice has a lot of fibre and selenium
- There is an oil in brown rice that reduces cholesterol
- We have been eating rice for about 5,000 years
- Rice has helped stabilize medieval Chinese walls
- At weddings, rice was traditionally thrown because rice is a symbol of life
Manganese - 88 percent of the recommended daily value, a nutrient that plays an important part in fighting free radicals.
Selenium - more than 27 percent of the daily recommended value, important for regulating the thyroid hormone metabolism and immune system function.
Canada's food guide