One person can change the world
Rosa's background information
- In December 21, 1956, the day Montgomery's public transportation system was legally integrated.
- She was a black woman and she was happy to be
- Rosa's full name is Rosa Louise McCauley Parks
- Rosa Louise McCauley Parks February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005. was an african american civil rights activist. rosa was called "the first lady of civil rights", and "the mother of the freedom movement''
- Rosa Parks was 92 years old when she died.
ROSA PARKS MADE A DIFFERENCE
the story behind the bus
On December 1 1955 Rosa Parks a 42 year old African American woman boarded this Montgomery City bus to go home from work. On this bus on that day Rosa Parks initiated a new era in the American quest for freedom. She sat near the middle of the bus just behind the 10 seats reserved for whites. Soon all of the seats in the bus were filled. When a white man entered the bus insisted that all four blacks sitting just behind the white section give up their seats so that the man could sit there. and rosa parks was the first woman to sy no. she was a member of the local NAACP.