March 24 - March 27, 2017
NEED 2 KNOW
You Talked....We Listened
One of the recurring themes from the conversations I'm having with school leads is that a better, deeper understanding of the TIM-O and platform is needed. In response to that, I will be sending a TIM Tech Tip video each week. We're starting SUPER basic with the technical aspects of accessing the tool and will transition into the application of the TIM-O for your coaching.
We hope this helps to develop your understanding of how this tool works to inform the work you're doing at your school.
Applications to Present at GaETC are Available
The Vanguard Team VERY STRONGLY encourages you to apply to present at GaETC in November! The application deadline is rapidly approaching and we would love to have huge Vanguard numbers representing us this year!
Things to consider:
- Present with someone else. No one says you have to do it alone! The KSU iTeach coaches are a TREMENDOUS resource and would be thrilled to partner with you.
- You don't have to be an expert. You're doing amazing work in your classrooms and schools. Submit an application to present on something that's gone well for you or something you're passionate about!
- Reach out for feedback or advice. Talk to you Vanguard school members and get their thoughts on your presentation, reach out to a KSU coach for advice, or send something my way!
Applications are due on April 1, 2017.
VanCon 2017 - June 9
Last year we hosted our first MAJOR VanCon at the Georgia Hotel and Conference Center. This year, we're back in the same location, but we're going to have an entirely different experience. Instead of inviting outsiders, it's just us - Vanguard and Vanchise - getting back to our roots.
We won't be focused on sessions about personalized learning, or even showcasing the latest and greatest tools. Instead, VanCon will be about coaching, conversations, communication, and connections. We're going to define who we are, what we do, and how we're going to do it. The team will have more input than ever before as to what Vanguard means, what it takes to be a Vanguard member, and how we want to charge into the 2017-2018 school year.
I've never been more excited about a Vanguard event and I hope as many of you as possible will be able to join us.
And because these things matter too...
- Light breakfast, snacks, and lunch are included all day.
- Parking is free.
- This counts as a 2016-2017 off-contract Vanguard event.
- YOU WILL GET PAID FOR ATTENDING. (Approximately $20 an hour, but I'll have to verify for sure.)
For a list of all previous events, as well upcoming events, please check the link below.
MAJOR CHANGES HAPPENING NOW:
- If you presented at GaETC, this WILL count as off-contract because of the prep work.
- If you presented at Bear Creek's RLC, this WILL count as off-contract because of the prep work.
- If you attend OR present at Summer Summit, this WILL county as off-contract.
PERSONAL PD: #fcsvanguard Chat
This Week's Chat is WEDNESDAY, March 29, 2017
Join the CLC at Marlow's Tavern (Prado Shopping Center) at 7:00 p.m. to get in BOTH your 1 Twitter Chat requirement AND an off-contract event!
CLC Live Tweet Up
Wednesday, March 29th, 7-8:30pm
5590 Prado Pl, Sandy Springs, GA 30342
Join the CLC and Vanguard for the event!
Open Hosting Positions
Find all coaching plans, Vanguard expectations and commitment form, Vanguard logos, and team information.
Our mission as a Vanguard team is to build the capacity of FCS educators and leaders to provide innovative instruction which meets the needs, skills and interests of all students.