Holly El. Leadership Bulletin
A "Leader in Me" Lighthouse School "Let Our Light Shine"
May 12, 2016
A note from the Principal
1. 2016-17 Planning Survey: This document lets us know if your child(ren) will be returning to Holly Elementary. It was due May 9. If you have not yet sent the survey in, please have your child bring it to the office.
2. 2016-27 "Purple Profile Form:" This document gives Parents and Guardians the opportunity to share their views on the best learning environment for their child. It is due Monday, May 13.
3. 2016-17 Schools of Choice Application: This application will be sent home tomorrow with all students who live Holly Area Schools District and Holly Elementary is not their home school. It needs to be filled out each year regardless of your child's current placement. It is due by Friday, May 20. Applications will be considered based on class size and you will receive notification in August if your application can be honored.
Community Service Project (CSP)
Our May CSP is sponsored by our 1st graders. Their focus will be on Community Beautification. Our May 13th "Sharpen the Saw" day will include projects/activities revolving around "Community Beautification." Some of our sharpen the saw activities include rock painting, bird feeders, painting, organizing the library, planting, weeding, and clean-up.
Co-Curricular Corner - Mr. McLaughlin / Physical Education
Field Day! Come and join us for a fun filled day at Holly Elementary on June 13! This will also be our end of the year picnic for Kdg.-5th grade. Lunch will free for all students! Students will receive a hot dog, chips, watermelon and drink. If your child does not eat hot dogs, please send in a sack lunch with them.
K-2nd will be in the morning from 9:05-11:15!
3rd-5th will be in the afternoon from 12:15-2:45!
Students in 1st-5th grade are in our kickball unit! We are focusing on fielding, throwing, catching, and kicking the ball properly, along with learning all the rules to the game!
Kindergarten will be playing Pirates when inside and Freeze Tag when outside! We will be focusing on playing together
All money and/or packages need to be turned in by Monday, May 16 so we can close out our Spring session with Lifetouch.
- purchase the entire package
- purchase only the sheets you want
- return the entire package to school
To order and pay online: (you may also send payment in to school)
The PTO would like to thank all the parents, grandparents, relatives, and community members for their help in making this such a wonderful year. We couldn't do it without you! Election of Officers for the 2016-17 school year will take place when school starts in the Fall.
The PTO is in need of bags of wrapped candy for Teacher Appreciation. Donations can be dropped off in the office.
1. Online ordering is available and yearbooks will be shipped directly to your house. The cost is $16 for softcover / $26 for hardcover. There will be an $8.99 shipping fee added by the yearbook company.
2. You may order in the office with cash or check. The cost will be $17 for softcover / $27 for hardcover and we will place 1 order to minimize the shipping fee. This option will be available through June 10. These yearbooks will arrive after school is out. We will call you when they arrive.
Might your son or daughter need a physical for school sports, youth sports, summer camp, scouts or another activity? If so, you will want to consider this opportunity.
On June 1st, our team physician Dr. Larry Baylis and his staff will be at Holly High School. Students have a great opportunity on this day to get a physical for the low price of $15. We will begin our physical day at 4pm. An end time is not set as that will depend on how many students sign up for a physical. If you would like an appointment close to the start time, make an appointment soon. If you would like a late afternoon time slot, make your appointment later this month. We will sell appointment times the entire month of May.
1. Stop in the HS main office or the athletic office with $15 to purchase an appt. time. Appointments can not be made over the phone as payment is due when you schedule.
2. When you turn in the payment, an appointment time will be given to you along with a physical form. Both sides of the form must be completed PRIOR to your appointment on June 1st (including ALL parent signatures and the student signatures). The only portion that you may leave blank will be the section Dr. Baylis will fill out.
3. On June 1st, arrive at Holly HS for your appointment on time or early.
The high school office is open Monday-Friday, from 7am until 3pm and the athletic office from 9am until 3pm. Should it be more convenient to come to the high school between the hours of 5 and 7pm, you may do so on May 9, 10, 16 and 23. The AD will be in the athletic office or at the stadium as we host lacrosse or soccer games these nights.
If you have a question, please contact the athletic office at 248-328-3247. Remember, if you want an early physical appointment, schedule now. If you want a late afternoon appointment, schedule later this month.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
12 Science Olympiad Meeting
13 Kindergarten to Flint Youth Theater
13 1st Grade to Upland Farms
17 Science Club K-2
19 2nd Grade to Crossroads
19 3rd Grade to Henry Ford
26 Volunteer Breakfast
27-30 Memorial Day Break
2-3 5th Grade to Toledo
8 Field Day (rain date)
10 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony 2:00 PM
10 1st to Lakeside
13 Field Day
14 Last Day of School ~ AM Attendance/12:00 PM Dismissal