By: Ava Lesh, 4th hour
- Zoology and animal biology programs teach people about animals and the systems that keep them alive
- Students learn about their anatomy and behavior.
- They learn about molecular and cell structures.
- You study how genes are passed among a population and how they relate to evolution.
- If you are a student you shouldn't just specialize in one group of animals.
- You will need to be patience and have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Have a love for animals
- Zoologist are sod times known as animal scientists or animal biologists.
- Most Zoologist spend their time doing research or laboratory work.
- Zoologist work in all areas of animal life, studying both simple and complex processes.
Pros and Cons
- Get to work with animals
- Nice salery
- Learn about all the different kinds of animals
- Work a lot of hours
- Have to work with dead animals
- Can't tell how the animals are, you can't communicate with them.
What you need to succeed
High School classes you can take
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree if you want to stay in the field of zoology
500 Lincoln Drive
- Have their own soccer team
- It is a public school
- most people graduate right away
- Very expensive
- very difficult to get into
- It's a huge challenge
University of Manitowoc
705 Viebahn Street
- Computers for people to use
- Small town
- To get into the school your GPA has to be a 2.0 or higher
- Dont have soccer
Utah State University
Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322
- Have soccer
- Lots of academics
- Computers are there for everyone to use
- Very expensive
- Far away from home
- Difficult to get into
Associations/Professional organization for this career
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, 101 S. Webster Street, Madison, Wisconson 537-707-7921
American Society for Microbiology
1752 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036-2904