We Are Together Tamanend!
October 8, 2012
Dictrict Boomerang Recipient - Anthony H.
Celebrate Education Week: October 15 - 19
Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
TMS Breast Cancer Awareness Day Raised over $600!
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- Interim Progress Reports will be available on the Parent Portal on October 12th. Please don't wait until then to check your student's progress on the Portal. It is a good practice to periodically sit with your student to discuss his/her progress together. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your student's counselor or teacher.
The TMS Fall Blood Drive is today from 3 - 8 p.m.. Our Community Service Club sponsors this important event. If you would like to be a donor, please email Mrs. Amanda Higgins for an appointment.
- Tamanend will hold its Veteran’s Day Assembly on November 9th. As part of assembly, we are asking for photos of Tamanend students pictured with military personnel to be presented as a video montage. The photos of TMS students can include both current students and alumni. If you have pictures to share, please submit them to Mr. Brian Blair by November 1, 2012 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.