Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, April 14, 2022
We have a new attendance email. You can still call 360-563-4751 to report an absence OR use the new email: firstname.lastname@example.org
20: PTO General Board meeting-In Person, 6:30 pm, TF Library
24: Mariner's Day out Family Event @ 1:10pm
12: Science Fair Family Viewing/Judging
13: Science Fair-School Viewing
30: *NO SCHOOL* Memorial Day
MESSAGE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Parents,
It seems like an eternity since our 30 year celebration for Totem Falls this past fall. PTO held a successful fund raiser, students enjoyed a birthday pencil gift, and we planted hundreds of tulip bulbs at the base of the flagpole. The fruit of our labor is blooming and there are a few pictures below. There is also a tree planted that the staff purchased as a way to acknowledge Totem Falls’ anniversary. It is so gratifying to see such evidence of beauty here at school, especially given what we have gone through the past couple of years. It will be an annual reminder that we can power through difficult things and find the beauty.
I hope your spring break was fantastic. I was excited to return and many students have shared with me they are so happy to be back at school. Music to our ears!
A BIG THANK YOU TO TOTEM FALLS PTO!
FROM THE MUSIC ROOM
The Third Graders have been hard at work getting stage ready. Each class has performed a different folktale with musical accompaniment and recorded their performance. Click on the link to see their concert.
We hope you’re enjoying reading aloud AMULET with your family. Next Tuesday, April 19th, our TF students will be zooming with Kazu Kibuishi, bestselling author & illustrator of Amulet and illustrator of the book covers of the 15th anniversary paperback editions of the Harry Potter series too. I am so excited for our TF students to meet Kazu next week online.
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OUR SPRING BOOK FAIR!
A huge THANK YOU to all our AMAZING Totem Falls families and staff who supported our school library by purchasing items at our SPRING Book Fair and our Online Book Fair too! Thank you to all who donated to ALL FOR BOOKS that helped TF students who couldn’t afford books at the fair. All for Books funds was also used to help ANY students at the student only fair, if they were short $1 dollar or less to get their Book Fair book! Thank you to EVERYONE for helping get books in our students’ hands and excited about reading!
TOTEM FALLS AQUASOX NIGHT: May 22nd
We will be having an AquaSox Totem Falls night on May 22nd at 4:05pm. Everyone is invited!
Flyers were sent home this week. Just scan the QR code to be linked to group portal and type totemfalls to purchase tickets.
***If you have the AquaSox Reading FREE GAME voucher, you can still use that voucher online too. It will prompt you to use to input the voucher at checkout.
IN-PERSON GENERAL PTO MEETING
Please join us for an in-person PTO General Meeting.
When: Wednesday, April 20, 6:30 pm
Where: TF Library
Starbucks gift card raffle for those in attendance
EVER CONSIDERED WORKING AT YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL?
PLEASE COMPLETE THE STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INPUT FORM
So that we can better plan student transportation needs and routes/schedules for the 2022—2023 school year, we have implemented an online Student Transportation Input Form at www.sno.wednet.edu/ridethebus. Between now and through early summer, we are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed once per student.
DISTRICT-APPROVED COMMUNITY FLIERS
- Annual Plant Sale - Snohomish High School
- Art Wizards
- Chess at Cathcart Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Chess at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Everett Rowing Spring Registration
- Foreign Language for Youth Online Spanish, French, Japanese and Mandarin Classes
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- iFly - Spanish French Japanese and Mandarin
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- LEGO Ninjas and LEGO Architecture at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Let Me Run at Seattle Hill Elementary
- Reflections School of Dance
- SHS Band Booster Goodwill Fundraiser - April 16
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish Student Mountain Biking Team
- Snohomish Youth Volleyball
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids
- Teen Love and Dating Information from Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Teen Storytellers Project Winter and Spring Film Classes
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - No school/Memorial Day
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release)
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Craig Church, Principal
Tiffany Bidne, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Jordan, Main Office Secretary
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.