Don't Get Shocked!

Nutrition and Wellness : Kitchen Safety

How Electrical Shocks and Burns occur

  • Water gets on appliance or outlet
  • Cords are run under rugs
  • Appliance is still plugged in after use

Accident Prevention

  • NEVER use appliances when your hands are wet or standing in water.
  • Don't insert metal objects in appliance. ex. forks
  • Keep cords and plugs in good condition

Kitchen Fires

Fire Causes and Prevention

Fire Causes

  • Electrical shocks
  • Burning of food
  • Grease build up
  • Loose fitting clothes can catch on fire


  • Keep equipment clean
  • Watch food carefully
  • Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
  • Keep flammable materials away from range