New parent information
By paden gallardo
What your baby looks like
They are very small and come out with rashes.
Babies also have an oddly shaped head.
Bonding with your infant
Sing songs to then it makes them happy.
Play with them and play with their toys.
- Age appropriate
- Tightly constructed parts
- Cords 12 in. or less
- Painted with non toxic chemicals
- Rounded edges
- Toy mirrors
- Baby balls
- Squeeze toys
- Picture book
Pros/cons of breast feeding
- Creates a bond between mother and child
- Gives baby important nutrients they need
- Always available
- Helps the mothers to lose weight
- Breast fed babies have to be fed more often
- Some medications from mom can be passed through breast milk
- You don't know how much they're actually getting
- You have to actually watch your diet
Pros/cons of bottle feeding
- Anyone can feed the baby
- You make all the bottles you need
- Formula is expensive
- Have to use bottles and nipples
- Have to use certain formulas
First foods for a baby
Start with baby cereal or the rice cereal at like 3 months.
Puréed fruits at 8 months.
Regular milk at 1 year.
Characteristics of a healthy child
- Good appetite
- Bright eyes
- Clear skin
- Teeth in good condition
- Sleep good
SIDS prevention and crib safety
- Always put baby asleep on back
- Don't put toys or blankets to sleep with baby
- Use a pacifier during sleep time
- Don't smoke when you are pregnant
- Don't baby asleep on sides
- No gaps larger than two fingers between side of crib and mattress
- Don't use cribs older than 10 years
- Follow instructions when building crib for max safety