October 2021 - Halloween Edition!
PTO Sponsored Trunk or Treat is Back!
It's a Bootiful Time of Year!
The PTO has something special for you
A SWEET surprise that's called a BOO!
Surprise your child or special staff member with a
special BOO treat!
A chance for all of our ghosts and goblins to show off their Halloween spirit! On Friday, October 29th an outdoor Halloween parade ~weather permitting~ will take place. Please take the time to review the details in the Halloween letter,
The health of our students is a TOP priority!
Please contact Michelle DeVito, WFS School Nurse for the following reasons:
1. Your child is considered a close contact of a COVID+ individual.
2. Your child are awaiting COVID test results.
3. Your child has tested positive for COVID.
4. Your child is experiencing symptoms of illness.
5. Any health related concerns or questions that impact the school day.
***If your child is feeling ill or exhibiting any signs of illness, we ask that you keep them home. Keeping all of our students and staff members healthy is very important to us.***
Ms. DeVito and our health assistants will assist you in knowing what steps can be taken next to guarantee the health of your child and others.
If a student must quarantine, it is considered an excused absence and they will continue to receive teacher support until the quarantine period has ended.
We encourage all students to bring extra water bottles to school. At this time, we are not utilizing our communal water fountains so bringing extra water bottles to school help make our students comfortable through snack time, lunch, recess, and physical education. Water bottles are not provided by the school. Thank you!
This year, all students are entitled to a free school lunch. A school lunch menu is available on our school and District website. Please note the following information:
1. Each student must receive a full lunch. Choosing only certain items is not permitted.
2. Only 1 lunch is served to each child.
3. If your child has a food allergy, we encourage you to carefully review the Sodexo online menu. If you have any questions regarding the items and/or ingredients please contact Sodexo before allowing your child to receive the lunch. We are currently NOT utilizing the PIN system which previously has alerted the Sodexo workers of individual student allergies.
It has been brought to our attention that there are times when the school lunch menu changes. Unfortunately, these changes are often due to supply and/ or delivery issues. We ask that you send your child to school with an extra healthy snack in the event they do not like or want to eat the new item(s) that may appear on the menu.
If you have any concerns or questions related to our school lunches, please contact Sodexo Food Services. Sodexo Food Director, Rocio Johnson can be reached at 732.462. 8400 x8870 or X8871
Please Consider Joining the PTO!
It has been wonderful adding activities back to our school day this year! The WFS PTO has been a HUGE part of the fun & festivities. We ask that you please consider joining the
WFS PTO for the 21-22 school year.
If you are a new member, please create an account and then, purchase your membership for the 2021-2022 school year to be able to receive text and email alerts, exclusive access to our Paperless PTO App and more!
If you are a returning member, you do NOT need to create an account. Just login and renew your membership for the 2021-2022 school year.