LHR Monday Memo
February 22, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Tue, 2/23 - Mandatory Staff Meeting with Dr. Beaty @ 7:00am in the Library
Tue, 2/23 - Department Meetings @ Conference Periods
Tue, 2/23 - Fire Drill
Wed, 2/24 - Superintendents Communications Committee @ 3:45pm
Wed, 3/2 - Faculty Meeting @ 3:45pm
Fri, 3/4 - Tornado Drill
- Student cell phones are NOT to be used for non-instructional purpose during class time. That includes listening to music, watching videos, or playing games.
- As the weather gets warmer, we will need to continue being vigilant in checking the dress code. Please continue to document violations in the Teacher Discipline Program and have students call home for a change of clothes.
- Spring has sprung and it is important for us to fill instructional time with meaningful and engaging learning activities for our students. Students engaged in quality learning experiences cause far fewer disciplinary issues.
- The School Dance on February 12th was a huge success. The students looked great and even more importantly, they had a BLAST! Thank you to Mrs. Balch and all the staff who helped plan, coordinate and chaperon the dance.
- It was great to see how much fun Colleague Appreciation Day activity was for everyone. Not only did it feel good to receive a compliment/thank you, it felt good to give them as well. Let's make every day a day to share a compliment, appreciation or encouraging word!
- Zumba class is every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-4:30pm in the gym. If you didn't sign up, you are missing a fun, healthy way to work off some of the stresses of the school day. See Ruthann for more information.