March 4, 2021
A Few Notes from Mrs. Bervert
Spring has arrived and this school year is flying by. I hope each of you enjoy a relaxing and safe Spring Break. Thanks in advance for helping us finish up one more quarter Buffalo Strong. A few quick items of note:
- Spring Break Assignments- Spring Break officially begins tomorrow, March 5th and it continues through Wednesday, March 10th. Students will learn fully remote on Thursday and Friday (3/11 and 3/12) of next week. Our staff wants to offer as much flexibility as possible so classroom teachers will have all assignments uploaded onto Seesaw and Canvas by tomorrow. This will allow families extra time to get assignments completed as we know you all have busy schedules. Students will need to get on for morning meetings on March 11 and 12th, and teachers will be accessible via email.
- Read Across America- Our students were treated to read alouds by a wide variety of community members and each class spent time discussing the keys that were highlighted in the story they heard. Students had great discussions and enjoyed listening to our special guests.
- March 15- We are thrilled to have ALL students back in the building for 4 days a week on Monday, March 15th. Please be patient with us as we work to safely and expediently unload all vehicles and buses in the morning and safely dismiss students in the afternoon.
- PTO Meeting on March 16- PTO will meet on Tuesday, March 16th. If you'd like to attend via Zoom email Mrs. Howbert (email@example.com) and she'll send you the link.
- Reading Resources for Families- In honor of Read Across America week I've attached a quick video and some internet links to support you as you read with your child every night. Thanks for all you do to support our emerging readers.
Reading Resources for Buffalo Families
Notes from the PTO
PTO Cookie Fundraiser
Buffalos will continue to sell Eileen's cookie dough through March 16th. Order forms and payment are due to the school by Tuesday, March 16th. Credit card orders can be placed with Ms. Tanya in the office by calling 785.861.1300. The PTO will also accept cash and checks made out to BES PTO. Cookie dough will be available for pick up on Wednesday, March 31st from 10:00 AM-6:00 PM. After March 31, orders will be available from the school by appointment.
BES Forms for Families
3/5-3/10- Spring Break
3/11- 3/12-Remote Learning for ALL students
3/15- ALL P-6 students fully in person (M,T,R,F)
3/15- Señor Burritos and Poppin Minis Fundraiser- 4-8 pm
3/15- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
3/16- PTO Meeting at 6:30 pm
3/26- No School (End of 3rd Quarter)
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.