Mrs. James' 1st Grade Class - Crozet Elementary School
This Week's Sneak Peek: February 28, 2014
In preparation for our Design 2015 culminating project, we explored the app Tellagami while in the wonder lounge. This app is great for oral storytelling, and students can customize the character. It is a free app in the itunes store for a limited time - check it out! The link is below.
We continue to work on our country projects. This week we focused on climate, special foods, native language, and things that kids like to do for fun. We look forward to sharing what we've learned at Community Night!
Runaway Ralph! We were very excited to watch the movie of the book we finished last week. Ask your child to tell you about Catso! We loved watching Ralph speed along the highway on his way to Happy Acres Camp.
Runaway Ralph - Beverly Cleary
Even though we weren't the BOXTOPS winners for this month, we celebrated our yearlong accomplishments and successes with an extra recess time! Thanks for your support of this fundraising effort. What an easy way to earn $$$$ for our school!
We had an expanded PE time on Friday so that we could practice the folk dances we are learning in music class. Mrs. Brown, Mr. Maynard, and Ms. Laine have a special event planned for Community Night - I hope you and your family will be able to come out for this special event!
Read Across America Day!
Monday, March 3rd, 7:45am
1407 Crozet Ave
We look forward to having several parent guests read to our class! We will also spend time reading with friends, and with stuffed animals from home.
Thursday, March 20th, 5:30-7:30pm
1407 Crozet Ave
This year each grade level will showcase their part of our school's Design 2015 project - Building Community with Contagious Curiosity & Creativity through Wonder. We want our students to grow in their understanding of being connected to our world through many relationships--with people, with our environment, with our local community and across the globe. We encourage families and the community to see our students' products. Come and be a part of this Community Night between 5:30-7:30 pm to support our students, socialize with friends, and enjoy local foods!
- Monday, March 3rd: Please send in your child's community project if you still have it and they are willing to share for our upcoming community night! :) It is also Read Across America Day! Your child can bring a small stuffed animal to read with during the school day.
- Thursday, March 6th: We will have a special program titled "Earth's Wild Ride" in a DOME theater that will be set up in the gym. In the afternoon we will skype with author Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen.
- Friday, March 7th: The whole school will celebrate our BOXTOP success with a popcorn treat during our lunchtime.
- Friday, March 14th: CRES Variety Show at 7pm in the cafe!
- Thursday, March 20th: Community Night!