Bird is the Word
This is What's STATpening
Dates and Schedules
1/19 Professional Study Day
- Here is the link with the schedule for the day: AGENDA
- Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers will split (3 go to math, 3 go to ELA)
1/20 STAT Cohort Visit
- Walkthrough will be from 2:15-2:45 with a focus on math instruction in grades 3-5
- The principals and STAT teachers have a schedule (Karen Harris: principal at Fort Garrison created the schedule: Womack, Sokolowski, and Pfeifer)
1/21 MAP Testing starts
- Headphones still an issue? Please get me your #'s by today!
1/25 CHOICE PD DAY
- MATH teachers: there will be a mostly mandatory PD on this day given by Vicki Rippen and Tricia Sokolowski with a focus on math collaboration and planning
- Everyone else: Using BCPSOne Discussions; The Ins and Outs of Wonders
- If there are other topics that you think still need to be addressed, PLEASE let us know (Guided Reading is coming in February)
We said "See Ya Later"...
Not only did she have positive relationships with students, families, and teachers, but for the past few years, Kerry has been the driving force in the integration of technology in our classrooms. Without Kerry we may not have had wireless mice, projectors, laptops, Mimio pads and teach bars, a website, Edline, Promethean boards, Elmos, a Race for Education...the list goes on. And that's just the tech part. Kerry was pushing for STAT before STAT was ever STAT. She has certainly been an inspiration to me.
Teacher of the Year Nominee: Mrs. Tressa Norris
Bragging About Domain 4 for our Teacher Evaluations
So Mystery Skype happened...
Baby, it's cold outside...SO: use Go Noodle!
Risky Business: The Frustrations of a 5th Grade ELA Teacher
Well...it worked. Then it didn't work. Then we had to figure out loop holes. Then it worked and then still didn't work. The teachers were frustrated. The teachers wanted to give up. It was a waste instructional time. The teachers gave the kids paper and pencil. The teachers didn't give up. We emailed Michael Fort. We tried to continue to troubleshoot. Some kids got on. For some it is working. And they are going with it.
For some, they are being inspired to persist, troubleshoot, and now maybe we even have the next best graphic designer.
Bird University??!! Are you there?
I know it's been crazy busy. Just wanted to check in and offer support with any individualized PD you may want to do or have done.
Your feedback is appreciated. It can even be an anonymous letter with magazine letters glued to a piece of paper. We can't change something if we don't know what to change.
CPD credit is still on the table. Remember, if you are doing BU in any capacity, you will have to complete a reflection for each PD you attend or present in order to receive credit.