AC Literacy Week April 25-29, 2016
Let's Celebrate Reading and Writing with a Week of FUN!!
Schedule of Events
Literacy Dress Up Week
Dress up days
- Dress as the reading rock star that you all are.
- Roll out of bed, brush your hair and teeth and come on to school. It will also make it super easy to roll back into bed after the Literacy Night.
Wednesday--Dress as your favorite Book Character Day
- There is a whole world of book characters to choose from...put your creative genius to work!!
Thursday--Word T shirt Day
- Celebrate the power of words by putting them on your tshirt.
Friday--Favorite Biography Day
- Today is the day to celebrate your favorite author, inventor, politician, etc. Anyone that has had a biography written about them can be your inspiration.
Students should bring their costumes to school unless their classroom teacher tells them otherwise.
Costumes should be “child-friendly” and allow for easy movement in order to avoid accidents.
Students are asked to refrain from using any of the following:
a. High heels
b. Dangerous or intimidating accessories such as weapons even if these are toys or small in size
c. Costumes that represent violent characters or can be scary for younger children
d. Masks that cover the face
- e. Inappropriate clothing for children’s age
Contact Person: email@example.com
Visiting Illustrator Paula Barragan Monday, April 25th- Tuesday, April 26th
El terrible problema de Murciélago by Elsa Maria Crespo has a new edition as of August 2015.
Literacy Night FUN! Tuesday, April 26th 6:00- 8:00 pm
Your entire family is invited to join us from 6:00-8:00 for a night of literacy fun!! Please read below for details.
PreK-5th grade classrooms will each feature their favorite author, their books, a craft or game and coordinating snacks. Join us for lots of fun and excitement about books and reading!
Come sip a favorite cup of coffee or hot cocoa and listen to a favorite read aloud read by one of our very own parents or staff members here at Cotopaxi. Here is the schedule of readers. Don't miss this wonderful story time.
Student authors will be sharing their creations in the Library during our night of Lit fun!
Giving Tree Books
Giving Tree Books from Cumbaya will be here with a plethora of excellent fiction and nonfiction, English and Spanish, picture to chapter books on sale for you to peruse.
Come listen to our amazing Middle School novelists and poets share their original writing. Students will read aloud excerpts of their creative works in an open mic style cafe.