Message from Mission Control
* Dr. Chadwell will be on campus on Thursday at 3:15 for a meeting about the upcoming bond election. We will meet in the library.
* Hopefully you have all completed your compliance bundles, but if not, Friday is the deadline. Make sure to send me a copy of your certificate!
* I will be checking class websites this week to ensure everything is up to date. Make sure your schedules, conference times, extensions, etc. are correct on your site.
* If you have not picked a club and entered it on the list in the One Note Portal, please do so as soon as possible. I will create the sign up spreadsheet and give you all times for your students to sign up. The list on the One Note Portal is under Collaboration Space, and there is a tab called Enrichment Clubs.
* Make sure to sign up for PTA! We want to have 100% participation!!
*The first PTA meeting is tomorrow night. The PTA has gotten pizza that will be free for all participants (that includes you!). Tammie will be presenting on bullying/cyberbullying, and I will be presenting information for our annual Title 1 Meeting. Please have at least one grade level representative at the meeting. I know we are small, so if you have conflicts, just let me know! Tomorrow is the first one, and we are trying to increase attendance (one of the reasons for the free pizza), so if you can make it, I would greatly appreciate it!!
* Make sure to sign up for a book study! The sign ups are on the staff portal. I will be passing out books next week, and we will begin on October 2nd. All book studies will be done via online and use of the Staff Portal notebook. This is a great way to see and share the collaboration among members as well as become familiar with the portal and see various ways you could incorporate this (especially with our older students) in your classroom. You CAN participate in all the book studies, but this sign up will just be for the first round, which will begin.
* Please make sure to reinforce our life principles in your classrooms throughout the day. We will work on it during announcements but reinforcement from you and modeling how to utilize the papers in the hallway will help so much!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Esprit de Corps: common spirit existing in the members of a group for a common purpose
* inspiring enthusiasm, devotion and strong regard for the honor of the group
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, September 12th:
PTA Meeting/Title 1 Parent Meeting/Bullying @ 6:00 pm
Thursday, September 14th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Dr. Chadwell meeting at 3:15 in the library
Friday, September 15th:
Compliance Bundles Due
Thursday, September 21st:
Kori off campus at meeting
Tuesday, September 26th:
Wednesday, September 27th:
Misty Germaine here for math walks- 9:45-11:15