What the Tech?
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 | Issue 6
Schedule Time w/ Me
I'm also available to help you with tech in the classroom. I would love to come in and team-teach with you using technology. I am full of ideas and if I can't think of something on the spot I will research and figure out something that will work for you. I love a tech challenge!
Computer Lab Room 304
My Tech PD on PDExpress
Flubaroo your TBT data class that is all online and can be completed at your own convenience between now and December 1. It is worth .15 CEUs (1.5 hours).
EDCite our September face-to-face session that will be September 27 at 7:15am in room 307. This will earn you .05 CEUs (30 minutes).
My other online courses will be available soon.
Help Requests - Even for PD!
Eric Ewing is updating the tech form so that it makes more sense. For example, right now if in the location box you type in 'Art' for the 'Art room' it will also show all Chromebook cARTs.... It's a work in progress - once he is finished and the inventory is updated it should work much better.
Thank you, once again, for your patience.
Have you ever wanted to make your own gif or create a quick video of your screen? With huge upgrades, ScreenToGif can do that for you.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable (uses a settings file under the AppData folder) executable.
If you're interested, please submit a tech request and I will install it for you. This cannot be used on the Chromebooks.
Google Docs Templates
September Tech PD: EDcite
Tuesday, Sep. 27th, 7:15am
EDcite is an amazing tool to create interactive online assessments (formative and summative) that analyzes data and grades for you. Not only that, it lets you use the same format as the AIR test to help students become more familiar with online assessment tools.
Learn the different question types and how to create an assessment of your own in just 30 minutes.
**This session IS on PDExpress.