E-Staff Weekly for 10.24.16
Dr. Rattigan Visit
After-School Topical Mtg-Data/Dept.
Wednesday, Oct. 26th, 4pm
November 8 In-Service
- 8-11 AM - Teacher time for report cards/conference prep
- 11 AM-12:30 PM Lunch
- 12:30 PM-3:30 PM - at the High School for ALICE training (begin in auditorium)
Decorate Your Classroom Door Contest
- Materials used
- Special effects
The winning classroom will get a soft pretzels with the principal and a 30 minute movie. Classroom doors will be judged on Wednesday, October 26. Good Luck!
Students Visiting the Nurse
If you need band aids, please email Janet or Mary.
Home and School Fundraiser
Encourage your students to sell!!!!
We are excited to announce our latest fundraiser for M.M. Seylar - a Yankee Candle Sale. Funds raised will be applied to the purchase/build of a Gaga Court for our school! We are hoping for a Spring delivery.
Each child should have already received a Yankee Candle envelope with fundraising materials this past Tuesday. Our drive will run thru October 31st. Please collect orders as they are returned and forward to the main office each day.
If you are interested in making a purchase yourself, please let us know and we will forward extra materials to you.
Thank you so much for helping us with this fundraising effort!
PCEF Grant Applications Due
Fall Festival and Parade
Brief overview...Detailed memo is forthcoming via email.
- The Fall Festival Parade and Parties will happen on Friday, October 28.
- The parade will start at 1:45 pm. Students will loop 1 time around.
- Homeroom Moms/Dads are permitted to enter the building at 1:00 pm to begin setting up for the party.
- The parade route will form in the school.
- Spectators may observe the parade route on the playground at the back of the school.
- There will be one parade entry and exit point from the building for students/staff.
- Parade observers will be asked to remain off the black top.
- Homeroom parents and (3) additional volunteers will be allowed to assist teachers during the party. A sign-in table will be located in the main lobby.
- All parent volunteers are required to have their government photo ID scanned for RAPTOR to enter the building.
- A more detailed letter will be distributed in the Wednesday Communication in the coming weeks.
Teaching Resources, Inspiration, and Sometimes a Good Laugh!
M. M. Seylar Elementary School
Education is a very personal thing. We at Seylar believe that every child has the right to achieve their highest potential and for them to be inspired, to dream, to be excited, and to have pride within themselves and for their school community. Our mission is to combine these beliefs with your child’s innate passions and love for learning to bring together a mind’s on approach, where students are engaged, challenged, and supported so they can achieve their personal best.