By Bryan Renteria
What is a digital footprint and why is it important?
What does your digital footprint consist of, what tools do you use, and for what purpose?
- I use Facebook because I want to communicate with my family and share videos.
- I use Twitter because I like to see what all the celebrities are posting about.
- I use Snap chat because I like to post a lot of photos and see what other people post.
For each example explain how it affects your digital footprint?
Facebook affects my digital footprint in a good way because I share inspiring videos to make people’s days and get them from doing bad things. Twitter affects my digital footprint in a bad way because I don’t post anything at all so it isn’t helping out anyone. Snap chat affects my digital footprint in a good way because I post good photos of me helping out people and helping the environment.
What impact does/can your footprint have on your future? Why is it helpful/harmful?
Your digital footprint can make or break your job depending if you have a good or bad digital footprint.
- It’s helpful because it can help you find a job and people would see that you are a good person.
- It’s harmful because you can have a bad footprint and people will think of you differently and would not want to hire you.
What can you do to continue to improve your online identity?
- I can continue to post positive photos and videos of helping out people and the environment.
- I can delete all the negative and unimportant stuff I have in my social media accounts.