September 10, 2021
A Note from Our Administrators
Hello Cheetah Families,
Things have been rocking and rolling at Chapman's over the past few weeks, and we are so proud of the hard work that's been happening in each classroom each day. Here are some of the great things that have been happening:
- Students from each classroom were recognized for their amazing character and for demonstrating our character trait for the month of August - Coping Strategies! Be sure to check out the WCS Facebook page for those group photos!
- Chorus is underway for 4th and 5th grade students.
- Cheetah Council has begun for our Cheetah Leaders.
- Progress reports went live in Skyward today - If you have a child in grades K-1, a hard copy of the progress report came home in your child's folder today.
- Information regarding Parent/Teacher Conferences will be going out from classroom teachers soon - please be on the lookout for sign-up opportunities for these ZOOM sessions on October 11.
- Please remember to view the updated WCS Illness Guidelines and keep your child home if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We have lots of great information in this edition of Cheetah Chatter - Please be sure to read it thoroughly and let your child's teacher know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your continued support!
CRES Admin Team
Michelle Hummel - Principal
Caron Johnson - Assistant Principal
The Book Fair is Coming!
The Bookfair starts Monday, September 13th and ends on Friday, September 17th. It will be out of this world!
Feel free to contact Amber Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
Please remember that children age four through eight, less than 4’9”, should be secured in a belt-positioning booster seat.
Also, keep in mind that drivers should not have cell phones in your hand while the vehicle is moving.
Finally, please keep the area in front of the gate on Secluded clear in the mornings so that staff members can access the parking lot.
STARS Counseling Opportunities
Each year, STARS Nashville offers group counseling services to elementary students in FSSD and Williamson County schools who are facing difficulties around grief and divorce. Using evidence-based curriculum, these groups are typically done in conjunction with the counseling department at each elementary school. The groups are age-based and typically run for 8 weeks, meeting once a week during school hours.
If you would like to receive a parent permission form for this service provided by a STARS Nashville Counselor, please contact the CRES Counseling Department by phone or email Counselor Sheila at email@example.com with your request by Friday, September 17th. Please specify if you would like the parent permission form for the STARS Grief or Divorce Group. Thank you.
Child Find is how Williamson County Schools identifies students who may be struggling or experiencing challenges accessing the curriculum. This may include children who are gifted as well as students who have trouble seeing or hearing, require special education services, or need additional supports to learn. It is important to identify these children and give them the help they need as early as possible. Families concerned about their child’s progress may refer the child for screening by calling Student Support Services at 472-4130.
CRES Spirit Night at Summit
Mark your calendar! CRES SPIRIT NIGHT at Summit is scheduled for September 24th. Come tailgate before the game, bring activities, and make it fun! Students can wear a CRES shirt (or Future Spartans shirt) to get into the game free.
Summit PTSO is doing a fundraiser and selling this Summit bundle for football game school nights! #Cheetahs #FutureSpartans
News from Summit
FYI--Summit is not allowing any balls to come into the stadium, as in the past, there have been too many injuries. Also, tonight's theme is America out, if you want to participate.
QR Code for Summit Bundle
September 10- Progress Reports visible in Skyward
September 13-17- Book Fair
September 23- Picture Day
September 23- PTO Spirit Night at Costa Vida
September 24- CRES Spirit Night at Summit
September 27-October 1- College Exploration Week (more information to come)
October 6- End of Quarter 1
October 11- Conference Day (No school for students)
October 12- Site-based PD Day for teachers (No school for students)
October 13-15- Fall Break