The Buccaneer Bulletin
Principal Newsletter - July 25, 2022
Hudson Bend Middle School Families,
I started my educational career as a teacher right here at Hudson Bend. I taught 7th grade Language Arts and was the cheer coach. To say it is a joy to return to this campus is an understatement. I learned and grew as an educator here, and I love this school and faculty. I spent the last three years as an Assistant Principal at Bee Cave Middle School, and I look forward to applying what I learned through that experience in my new role. My husband and I live in the Lakeway area and have a 7-month-old daughter. We are excited to be members of this community for a long time to come!
As we prepare for the new school year, the faculty and I are looking forward to working with you for the success of your child. I believe that teachers and parents are a team, and we will work together to help our students reach their goals.
Below you will find some important dates. Please know this is simply a brief overview, so you can put these dates on your calendar. Be on the lookout for a more detailed newsletter from me later this week that will include everything you need to know in order to make this back-to-school season a success. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. I am here to help!
Laura Keogh, Principal
Upcoming Back-to-School Events
- This is a special event for our incoming 6th grade students only!
- This is a social event for students to meet new friends and get a sneak peek at the campus before school starts.
- Students will tour the campus, play team building games, learn how to open a lock, and much more!
- This is a student-only event. Parents are welcome to drop off and pick up only for this event. Parents and students are both welcome to attend Buc Bash later in the afternoon.
- All students and families are welcome to attend this event.
- Students and families may tour the building, visit with PTO, find their locker, walk their classes, and so much more!
- This is an important day for kids and parents to familiarize themselves with the building and meet the administration.
- This is not a meet-the-teacher event. Teachers will be working hard in their classrooms to prepare for school to start the following week.
6th Grade: 1:30-2:30 pm
7th Grade: 2:30-3:30 pm
8th Grade: 3:30-4:30 pm
1st Day of School
- School Hours: 8:50 am - 4:10 pm
- Office Hours: 8:20 am - 4:20 pm
- Students may enter the building at 8:20 am
- Click here to view the 2022-2023 LTISD Instructional Calendar