- The minimum yearly salary for a physician is $220,942
- The average yearly salary for a physician is $396,233
- The maximum yearly salary for a physician is $477,492
- Undergraduate education: Four years at a college or university to earn a BS or BA degree, usually with a strong emphasis on basic sciences, such as biology, chemistry, and physics
- Fellowship: One to three years of additional training in a subspecialty is an option for some doctors who want to become highly specialized in a particular field, such as gastroenterology
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in biology or pre-medicine, acceptable MCAT score
The good physician treats the disease ; the great physician treats the patient with the disease .