WMS Paw Print
Bringing you the middle school scoop...
June 2, 2023
Dear Westlake Middle School Families,
Whether it is at the National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony or the great learning environment in classrooms every day, it is great to see and celebrate:
- Academic achievement rooted in a dynamic, learner-centered environment
- Kindness, respect, civility, and empathy that direct words and actions
- Deep levels of active engagement and collaboration among students, staff, parents, and community members
- The voices and perspectives of all stakeholders
- Tenacity in the pursuit of growth and continuous improvement
We appreciate everyone for amplifying our values.
WMS Calendar Link: https://wms.mtplcsd.org/quicklinks/calendar
KEEP THE PAW PRINT BOOKMARKED!
Once you have access to the document it will update automatically, so go back at any time to see the latest version.
Older versions will be archived on our https://wms.mtplcsd.org/
Important New Information
National Junior Honor Society and Other Recognitions
NOTE CHANGE OF DATE - June 12th - Community Leader Project Celebration Night
8th Graders have completed their Community Leader Project and are in the process of presenting their projects to their supervisor and classmates. As a culminating activity for the hard work your son/daughter has put into their project, there will be a Celebration Night on June 12th from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the middle school. All CLP students are required to attend the Celebration Night.
June - End of Year Schedule
June 14th - June 22nd are early dismissal days for all students.
Students are dismissed at 11:15 a.m.
- 7th Grade Field Day
- Living Environment Regents in the afternoon
- 6th Grade Field Day
- Algebra Regents in the afternoon.
- 8th Grade Field Day
- 8th Grade Yearbooks Distributed
June 19th: Juneteenth - School Closed
June 20th: 8th Grade Moving Up Rehearsal and Breakfast
June 21st: 8th Grade Field Day - Rain Date
June 22nd: 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony at 9:30 a.m.
June 23rd: 8th Grade Moving Up - Rain Date at 9:30 a.m.
Principals' Leadership Group - Snapshots of What's Happening at WMS
A small glimpse into one of the best parts of the day.
Our 6th Graders have kept a tradition going strong.
They brought it to a new level this year.