May 9 - 13
Thanks to all our visitors who came to the Mother's Day luncheon on Friday. We enjoyed having you and the students were so excited! The next few weeks are going to be very busy as we wind down the year.
Here are several reminders:
- We have finished our ACT Aspire testing in all grades. Scores are anticipated to be available as early as July. We will be sharing those with parents once we receive them.
- Students will be participating in the end of the year MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) testing between May 9 and 20th. This is the test our students take at the beginning, middle, and end of the year each year that charts how much they have grown in literacy and math. Students who show growth in both areas will be recognized in the Honors Assemblies as well as receive a reward at school. Please encourage students to do their very best on these tests because they help their teachers next year know exactly how to target instruction for them. These results follow them year-to-year and are used by all schools in the Monticello School District. They are a very accurate measure of their progress.
- We will be counting absences until the end of the year. It is important for students to be at school each day. Checking students out early counts as an absence as well.
- We have several fun activities planned for the end of the year, including Fun in the Sun and picnics at the park. Please see your child's teacher if you'd like to volunteer to be a part of our activities.
- Honor's Assemblies will be a little longer than they have been for the End-of-Year awards. We anticipate each grade level assembly will be between 40 and 50 minutes.
- We still have about 15 left for sale. If you would like to purchase one for your child, they are $23.00. Mrs. Terri in the office has them for sale. We will have Yearbook-Signing parties this Tuesday for all students.
We plan Fun in the Sun each year as a school-wide celebration for our students. If students receive a referral to the office for between now and the event, they may lose time from this activity as a consequence. Please encourage your children to do their best each day so they can enjoy this fun activity!
Thanks to those of you who have already completed our survey. If you haven't yet, please take a minute and give us your input. Your input is valued and will be used as we plan for next year! Our MIS Leadership Team will be meeting this week to discuss results and make plans to address areas of weakness.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thanks to all the parents who sent items for Teacher Appreciation Week. Our teachers had a great week and felt very appreciated!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- May 10 - Multiplication Bee, 3rd grade, 1:30 pm
- May 11- 12 Fifth grade tours at MMS
- May 13 - Boys and Girls Class, 5th grade
- May 18 - School-wide Spelling Bee, 1:30 pm
- May 19 - Evacuation Drill (pm); STEM Night
- May 20 - Second-grade tours; 5th grade Dress Rehearsal for Talent Show
- May 23 - Third-grade picnic at City Park; 5th grade Talent Show for students, 1:30 pm
- May 24 - Fourth-grade picnic at City Park; Fifth Grade Day at MIS
- May 25 - Fun in the Sun for all students
- May 26 - Honor's Assemblies
- May 27 - SAR Reward
- May 30 - Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31 - Last Day of School